View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

SPOILER!!: Jordan Catalano
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon View Post
That made sense. While his granddaughter and wife were very supportive of his career and aspirations, the job took a heavy toll on his family as well as him, be it for protection or publicity purposes. Running again was a huge decision to make, and Sherman could definitely understand Victoria having to think about it. After all, he had decided to take a step back, too. He nodded.

"Ah, yes. Longevity in the Ministry was an issue when I stepped into office." It was actually something he'd touched on in many of his campaign speeches. He'd succeeded in making plenty of small changes to fix it after taking the position of Minister, from adjustments such as a small but doable bonus pay plan achieved by simple budgeting to more benefits for long-time employees.

"Those are great ideas. More seminars could be easily arranged with Hogwarts; when I was an employee in the Department of Mysteries, I presented at the school. There was a higher influx of younger employees in our department the following year, if I remember correctly." Sherman glanced at the notebook again. "Entry-Level positions sound good. I'm sure we could also work out a summer internship program for students and things like that to provide them with more opportunities for work education and hands-on experience." The details would need much fine-tuning and thought, of course, but he was sure it could be done.

She sat quietly while she listened to what he had to say about the ministry. Yes, she felt it was everyone's concern that had been running. In her own department it had been an issue. She couldn't believe the amount she had to train over the years. It was utterly exhausting finding good help. "Yes, I'm glad to see that you have made some nice changes. It is a wonderful thing to try to keep our good employees and keep them happy." She loved the ministry and wanted the best for it always.

"I think seminars would be great. I could always help you set things up if this would go on." She knew he had a full department to do that stuff, but she wasn't one to just leave ideas and hope someone did the hard work. She was willing to work to have them succeed. "I would like to get a more open communication with Hogwarts about quidditch as well. Our efforts to reach out the last few years seem to have gone no where." It still had put so much stress on them to find the talent with no school league. Such talent sitting not being used during school, it was a shame.

"Yes, I think internships would be wonderful It would really give teenagers a view of what goes on to know if they really want to do a job or not. In the long run I do believe they could help keep employees longer and have more expectation when starting then they have in the past. Also, opportunities to continue education and training once in the ministry might be another bonus for working hard here and staying longer." If they were willing to put their money into their employees maybe the employees would work harder for them in the end.