View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 04:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
lemon
Dark Force Defense League
Hufflepuff

DMLE
Mackled Malaclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Annaliese Toussaint
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Dmitriy Toussaint
Law Enforcement

x12 x12
Dani's Citrus Duck Spawn | Mama Giraffe | Lemon PATch | Pushed the Red Button

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole black View Post

Tala had to say so herself, she had totally killed it with these lemon cookies. They were sweet, with just a hint of tartness and were just hard enough that they didn't melt into her coffee at first, second, or third dunk. She ought to get some of these to Lynley, because now that Tala remembered it, the decisive and blunt department head seemed to have quite a thing for lemon anything.

That is, she'd bring her some if she didn't eat them all up herself, which was a very real threat. oops.

Glancing up at the sound of a familiar voice, Tala absolutely beamed at the sight of Minister Sherman. She giggled at his words, her earlier worries being carefully tucked away at the pleasure of such adorable company (look at him with his little packed lunch, if that wasn't cute, tala didn't know what was). "Hello Minister, fancy it is." the Californian witch replied, scooting down the bench some to make room.

"Would you like to have a seat? I'm about to, like, devour all these cookies in one go." Tala said, lightly teasing herself. "Oh! You should have some, actually." She said after only a second's pause, holding out the tin for him. "I have waaaaaay too many and I probably shouldn't eat them all." she beamed.

If the minister had hoped for a quiet lunch, that wasn't what was happening here.
That, he would. Sherman scooted a chair out of the way to make room for his own special one and settled by the table next to Tala. This was a lovely place, perfect for spending a nice afternoon with good company and food. Not a bad time.

"I would love to." He reached for a cookie perkily, wondering to himself if Mrs. Prendergast could bake as well as she could support young werewolves. Hm? Biting into a biscuit, he was pleasantly surprised at the combination of tartness and sweet stuff that somehow balanced perfectly.

Could she make some of these for him to take home to his wife? Was that inappropriate to ask?

Probably so. "I have never tasted a cookie so fine, ma'am. Maybe you ought to give up public service and open a bakery."

Life advice from the Minister.

__________________________________..____this is why we can't have nice things, darling.