View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 09:25 PM

Post Daniel Radcliffe receives star on Hollywood Walk of Fame, speech from Chris Columbus

Daniel Radcliffe received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday afternoon, outside the TLC Chinese Theater in Los Angeles, Calif. The video ceremony, including director Chris Columbus who said a sweet speech about the boy and man he personally chose as Harry Potter, can be seen below (starting 25 minutes in).

When searching for an actor to play Harry Potter, Chris Columbus said he saw Dan in a BBC adaptation of David Copperfield. “I was completely mesmerized by your screen presence … the haunted, torn qualities as a kid of 10 or 9.”

Columbus said he felt validated when, on seeing Dan’s screen test, J.K. Rowling said, “Daniel Radcliffe is the face I had in mind when I was creating Harry Potter.”

Quote:
Daniel Radcliffe: It is incredibly surreal and slightly overwhelming. It hasn’t sunk in yet.

It’s a long way when you grow up in Fulham to ... this.

The fans of the Harry Potter films are unique and amazing and wonderful. Six years on, I’m still being amazed by their passion. And thank you for supporting me in my other efforts as well.