View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 10:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
nicole black
Dark Force Defense League

DoM & DERP
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
ruari fuller-thompson #FFA3D2
Ravenclaw
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desdemona M. Evans #6082B6
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Q. Alvey

Ministry RPG Name:
Aslan Rose Evans
Mysteries
x8
you wanna fite? | 💚 nickleback 💚 | Uh, anyway.

Tala laughed with Lynley, it was a very different sound from the older woman’s fussy, subdued chukle, no, Tala’s had a brighter note, with a youthfulness that made her seem younger than her 25 years. “Maybe it’s easier for women? ‘cause like… So much of it is about balance and being at ease with giving up control, you know?” Knowing Lynley was a surfer had put Tala at ease, she felt she could understand her, that on some level there was a connection there already formed based on their love and respect of the ocean. .... Well, that was an odd one. “Do I? I’ve never heard that.” Personally, the blonde thought she was a bit too much on the noodle side.

“oh yeah.. My dad never stops.” Not even when they took the very rare vacation, Gideon was practically married to his job as Producer and Ken? Well, he might have been more laid back, but his schedule was just as busy at times. “Oh… Oh, I’m so sorry.” Taladona bit her lip, her stomach rolling over at the casual mention. Poor Lynley Purcell, to have lived through such a tragedy, but the woman seemed so… Uncaring was not the word, no, she seemed okay with it, like she had made her peace, a trait Tala very much admired and envied. “It’s only boring if you feel it is. As long as you’re happy.. Who cares, right?” Workaholic, slouch, daydreamer, attention grabber… They were all titles that really didn’t have a place in the world, not in Tala’s mind. Yes, in this instance, she was in agreement with the eyeroll.

…… Well.
When Lynley said it like that, it definitely sounded silly, and Tala was beginning to think that maybe this portkey business was more complicated than she thought. Too late to step back now, for sure, yes, she had to press on. “Well… At least until I move, or find a better way.” She said, leaning forward in her seat, ready as ever to appeal to the Department Head.

Oh. Oh, these were not fun questions, these were not fun at all. She had expected them (questions like that, invasions into her privacy, were exactly why she hadn’t wanted to seek help), but that didn’t make it any easier. “The time difference between here and there is one of the reasons I… change there, it gives me more time to prepare and be ready. To be honest, I’m very worried about having an open floo in my Arizona place, I prefer to make it that no one can get in… In case… I do my best to make sure no one can waltz in on me in that condition.” This was not fun, not in the slightest and it was taking a lot of concentration to focus on the reason behind all this and not the questions and the gross feelings they brought her way. “Miss Purcell… “ How did she explain this? How did she talk about this with a near stranger? Tala swallowed audibly. “Any kind of excessive magic, or… emotional duress… Physical stress can weaken me in that condition. Sometimes to a point where I can barely walk myself into the house.” She’d had such an incident only a few months ago and was sure it would happen again.

Tala nodded, playing again with her ring, her heart sinking as Lynley spoke.“I.... I understand, If it’s not possible.. Then it’s not possible, but if you could authorize one this month… I would really appreciate that.” Perhaps she would have to think of something else, something that didn’t involve dragging Lucas back and forth each month, but also wouldn’t exhaust her.

She shook her head, quite quickly, quickly enough that her bun came loose and her long hair spilled out. She clucked her tongue, pulling out the bobby pins, she would fix it again after this. “No, I can get myself back, it would just be going.” Would that make it easier? Merlin she hoped so.

the moon:

feminine, intuitive, inner strength, innocence