Thread: The Quill
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Govoni

MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lyric Bayliss-Black
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn Romalotti
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
x12 x12
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

presents
Howlers, Points, and Conspiracy Theories
Your Weekly Advice Column!

by W. Hughbert_and_Ruby Banner

In times of trouble and distress, the public often looked to their king and queen. The royal pair offered their subjects advice, peace of mind and sometimes entertainment in the day-to-day monotony of life. And so (keeping the age old tradition alive), another royal pair has risen from the ashes to help fulfill the same roles. The Philosopher King and the Scarlet Queen are here to help the students of Hogwarts by dishing out advice in all manner of things. Sure they may not be the advice team that Hogwarts NEEDS, but they are the ones that Hogwarts got.

Quote:
There's this girl and she doesn't usually talk to me, but whenever the class activity comes along, she asks me to pair up...and then goes back to ignoring me again. I think she's using me for points. Thoughts?

Point Provider
I am lost as to what exactly the problem is here. The task in classes is to do the best work humanly possible and if this girl thinks that the two of you collectively will do the best work, why are you upset? I think that is a compliment. As to her ignoring you outside of the classroom, that is her choice as a person to separate the classroom work and her social life. Don't be disgruntled, yo. Just do your work. After all, that is all school is really for anyhow.

You're welcome.

Philosopher King

Okay, but like is there anything she can offer that you want? Haven't you ever heard the phrase 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours?' If you really wanted to, you could totally hold back your points-earning abilities until she agrees to exchange it for something that you find valuable. Alternatively, maybe she actually likes you and is just using this whole class activity thing as a handy excuse for a chat; some people are shy that way. Regardless of what is going on in her brain, the ball is in your court and it will be totes easy to get something out of it, you just have to decide what you want.

xoxo
The Scarlet Queen

Quote:
I'm new to the school and so far I've heard that there has been all manner of things that can kill you. My parents didn't tell me this. Anyway, my question is: Is this a magic school or a slaughter house for witches and wizards possibly contrived by muggles?

slaughter house blues
This is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

You're welcome.

Philosopher King

Paranoia isn't cute, hun. You should work on that.

xoxo
The Scarlet Queen

Quote:
Help! My old girlfriend won't stop sending me howlers!

Howler Harassed
You need to think smarter than your ex. For every howler she sends you, send her one back. After that, it becomes the survival of the fittest. Darwin says only the strong will survive. Either she won't be able to deal with it and nature will run its course and she will perish or you will.

You're welcome.

Philosopher King

You are soooo lucky, Howler Harassed. It's totally wrock 'n' roll to have a stalker, you know. Do you play any instruments? Owl me.

xoxo
The Scarlet Queen

Last edited by Govoni; 08-08-2015 at 04:27 PM.