View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 03:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: what absolute dorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
In all honesty, Miss Brown, he had not thought his theory through to that extent. However, considering that he had not thought it beneficial to cast the spell on her as well...that showed a bit of the extent of his true concern over the matter. Reality was more likely that he just did not fancy the smell and was trying to make up a more legitimate sounding reason and now look like a flobberworm in the presence of something new.

"Thank you, Miss Brown," he accepted gleeful as he continued his painting of her...er...fingers. "Ever wonder how muggles make those fancy designs without the aid of magic? Such precise points and designs," he mused as he made abstract art out of the Ravenclaw's hand. "I've seen some truly stellar detailing done while I was employed at NASA...but this is so...messy..."

Or maybe it was just him looking at his handiwork.

"I wouldn't have believed it either," he chuckled. Still didn't believe this was happening to be honest. And he proooooooobably had made enough of a mess of her hand that he wouldn't push the toe nail painting. Although maybe HE should get those painted. He could at least cover those up. But then, assuming he liked what he saw, he could not admire Miss Brown's artistic mark on his cuticles.

Decisions decisions...

"Well...I think I got them all now," he applauded himself. Looking down at his shoes to his hands to his shoes to his hand, he finally made the executive decision not to go with the feet. "MY TURN!"

He thrust both his hands out eagerly, fingers wiggling in anticipation.

"There will not be an end of term slumber party," he said, clearing his throat a few times and trying not to squirm too much. "Not unless someone slips something into me cereal again." And he has his suspicious about that. Mmhmmmmm.

"And that was not an invitation. For the record. Nor a request."

So...about his wiggling fingers...

You know, even with his extensive knowledge and wisdom of the universe, sometimes Flamsteed reminded Sophie Brown of an overgrown toddler. His quirks and his childlike, goofy, excitable approach to life was quite amusing, but uplifting, too, and the smile on the sixth year's face demonstrated just how well he was brightening her mood as he continued making an absolute mess of her hands. But it wasn't a big deal - she could just clean it up later.

"I don't think I'll ever get over that you've worked for NASA," Sophie remarked with envy, now blowing on her finished fingernails occasionally to help them dry further. "That's wicked cool. I'd love to do something for them. Dunno what, but it seems like it'd be super interesting. Am I too old to do one of their space camps or somethin'? That would be super fun." There was a beat, and then, "Maybe that's what your summer alumni meet-ups should be. UNOFFICIAL SPACE CAMP for all of us to relive the memories of bein' taught about everything cool by you, and then some. Could you imagine?" Ugh. All of his best and favorite students, getting to nerd out together over astronomy. What a DREAM, right?!

When he announced that he was finished and that it was his turn, Sophie brought both of her hands up toward her face and lightly blew on all ten of her fingernails, the tips of her fingers curled toward her as she gave him and his wiggling fingers an amused look. She actually giggled a bit out of instinct, even, and when he mentioned the bit about the cereal... she LAUGHED.

"It wasn't your cereal, professor. It was Cutty's," she corrected him innocently, an angelic smile gracing her features. She knew HE knew it was her, but she had NEVER directly admitted it, so... heheheh. She certainly wasn't going to start now, but she was going to dance around the topic some more. "At any rate, m'sure that someone never expected you to start eating it. The kind of person who wanted to see a friendly, happy-go-lucky Cutty probably wouldn't have ever want to get a professor involved. I mean, m'just guessing." Hehehe. "Maybe they just wanted to see someone who's usually cold and unfriendly BE warm and friendly, maybe to see the good in them and see their potential for who they COULD be some day and be willing to give 'em a chance to be that good person."

But again, SHE WAS JUST GUESSING. Ahem.

Her nails were mostly dry by the time she finished her rebuttal, so she went ahead and lowered the professor's wiggling fingers onto the pillow between them, then took the little brush from the nail polish bottle, brushed it against the tip of the bottle to remove the excess liquid, then started with the man's pinky finger and began painting. She leaned forward to get a closer look and be precise, using deliberate, careful strokes, a stark contrast to the man's own nail-painting technique.

"On a completely unrelated note," she spoke up softly, her voice quieter as if it could help her concentration on the task at hand (hurr hurr), "thanks for always sparing me and never tarnishing my behavioral record. There's probably been loads of times that you could've taken points or given me detention or somethin' for having too much fun and probably crossing a line, but you've been very gracious to me." She'd moved onto another fingernail now after dipping the brush back into the bottle. "You've always given me loads of chances. Even when Dot and I played that prank on you with the glow-in-the-dark stars."

She was grinning now and briefly stopped her painting to let her eyes flicker up to meet his as she went on, "Y'either have a mighty fine sense of humor, or y'understand that I never have malicious intentions... or y'like someone being brave 'nuff to pick on someone who's at as high of a caliber as you." Her grin turned cheeky, then, and she shrugged as she continued painting, "Or maybe it's a combination of all those?" She wasn't sure, though, but... she WANTED to know. Why was he always so gracious and forgiving with her? "B'no professor has ever taken points from me or given me detention. S'not like I've tried to make it happen, but, like..." she gave him an uncertain look, "have I really always deserved that kinda grace? Or are y'just giving me a break 'cause I'm an Outstanding student and do a good job in your class and y'think my strengths allow you to overlook the times where I cause a lil mischief?" Sophie Brown had given this a lot of thought, okay? She needed to KNOW.