View Single Post
Old 06-18-2015, 09:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
StarShine
Special Services to the School

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6
¼ of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pls

Text Cut: Norah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sararara View Post
Mountains and trees were whole entire different things, didn't he know? He was a professor, he had to know. If knowing the difference between trees and mountains wasn't a prerequisite for becoming a professor then there was obviously a very big problem with whoever was in charge of professors. They obviously had their priorities all wrong. "It isn't the same, Professor C. Can I call you Professor C?" she gave him an angelic smile just to show how qualified she was to call him by a nickname, before adding, "My mum would never ever let me climb an entire mountain, but I can climb trees as long as I don't fall out 'cause one time I broke my arm and it was very bad news." Did he want her to spend her entire life without any appreciation for her tree climbing habits? That wasn't very nice, Professor C, especially for somebody with a name as hip and cool as Professor C.

The fourth year covered her mouth with her hand, trying and failing to keep from giggling. Why was he FROWNING? This was HILARIOUS. She uncovered her mouth and bit her lip to keep from sniggering again. "Don't look so sad, Professor C." GIGGLE!SNORT. "I'm not laughing at you, I promise. I'm not even laughing at those little wrinkles you get between your eyebros when you're angry because I think those look very nice." She let out another laugh and immediately covered her mouth again. Was that rude? It wasn't supposed to be rude. It was just an observation but sometimes her mum said observations were rude too which wasn't fair because she couldn't help what she observed. She LIKED those little wrinkles. If you squinted really hard they almost looked like an itty bitty angry face. Where could she get some of those?

Oh. Oh. Was he the real kind of mad, and not the kind of mad he just pretended to be to seem scary 'n stuff? Norah slowly brought her hand down from in front of her mouth and pursed her lips like she'd just eaten something sour to keep from laughing. "Sorry," she said softly, looking at the floor as her mouth twitched but she DIDN'T actually smile, okay? "I guess not laughing isn't really one of my talents either. Sometimes it gets me in trouble but don't tell anyone 'cause I'm fourteen now and it'd be embarrassing." They weren't technically called time-outs anymore but they were practically the same thing. She looked back up at him with wide eyes and a small smile. "Concentration potion sounds good, I guess." She supposed she could say goodbye to her mind being all over the place and all that. At least her mum would be happy, right?

. . . professor C?

Cosgrach ignored the whole explanation of mountain vs. trees and looked at her. He couldn't decide if she was mocking him or if she really did want to call him that; but either way, he liked 'Culloden' too much and he didn't want to look cheeky.

"You can't," he said, "and if you don't like climbing mountains..." He shrugged. Not his problem.

Oh, thank goodness she wasn't laughing at him! Cosgrach still WASN'T amused, but he did chuckle when she said his wrinkles looked nice. Okay, he might be old, but he wasn't that stern to frown forever, so he relaxed even though he still couldn't understand what was so funny. Everyone went through puberty, didn't they? Guess... she was still a bit of a child to talk about it, which was okay. He shrugged it off and said "No, it's okay. Laugh as long as it's not evil." Like to make fun of someone. That wouldn't be Norah-like at all. "All I'm saying is, this will pass in a few years." Sadly, probably when she graduated. It was the professors' curse to bear these teenagers in turmoil. "I can give you a week's dose right now. Then we'll prepare the rest together." Because he was a nice professor, but he wasn't that nice.

Text Cut: Marsha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiro MacMhuirich View Post
Marsha nodded her head. ”I totally agree. My Taddy is a bodyguard and he does a lot of personal security work. I don’t think he would ever like to hear that I wasn’t paying attention in DADA, though he just wants me to enjoy my subjects… and maybe be a better student than he ever was.” Marsha giggled, it wouldn’t really be hard.

”Well, I’m loving Charms.” She said with a nod of her head. ”And potions,” BIG grin. ”And History of Magic has been really interesting… and Care of Magical Creatures! I love anything to do with animals. At all.” Oh… Whoops. That was half of her subjects. She gave the Professor a small smile. ”i’m mostly just loving getting to learn as much as possible.” She confirmed, smiling.

Was 'taddy', 'daddy'? Cosgrach guessed so. So far, he'd heard people call 'dad's 'oggie' and 'taddy'... He hoped his Helena didn't pick something embarrassing.

Oh, she liked potions! Cosgrach grinned back. And she liked... well, half of the classes, but it was quite understandable. All of them looked exciting, even though he saw that only in his last year.

"I'm glad!" he said, "and I bet you're great at all." No doubt. "If that was all, you can leave." Bet she also had some friends to hang out with.

Text Cut: Sophie
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post

This was going nowhere, wasn't it?

Sophie sighed and rubbed at her forehead, her eyes closed in frustration as she took a long moment to gather her thoughts. "I'm pretty sure that talking is the normal way people sort things out, not through forcing them to tell the truth against their will. There's things like..." She brought her hands down now and looked at him in exasperation, "things like body language, eye contact, mannerisms, tone, whether or not people stutter or hesitate when they talk - I mean, there's plenty of giveaways that people aren't being truthful. Y'just gotta be perceptive." Which... ahem, she wasn't sure he was capable of being.

So. Uh. "...I could be perceptive for you. You can do all the talking - interrogating, whatever you wanna call it - and I can watch for those things. Or, I can talk... and you can watch. How 'bout it?" Or did he want to go get Ministry approval to use Veritaserum? Puh-lease.

Well, Cosgrach was exasperated too. He wanted to shout that someone professional could fake all. And it wasn't like she was a professional lie-detector either! Maybe Sabel did give away when he lied, but she couldn't detect it. How about that?

On the other hand, what would people think of him if he suspected his colleague? He had such a high profile here, and he wasn't ready to throw it away. He really wouldn't put it past an auror to be involved in dark matters, no, so he acknowledged Sabel had to be interrogated, but... it had to be done sneakily, without prodding his stupid, so-called auror gut.

"I'll think about it, okay?" he said in a case-closed tone. Maybe tomorrow's breakfast... hmm...