Thread: Practice Room
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 04:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Tazenhani
Special Services to the School

DMLE & DoM
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amur Neverwinter
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rhydian "Wolf" Blackhold

Ministry RPG Name:
Coby Greer
~ Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs become Lions ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlooo View Post
Wait for it.... Waaait for it.......

Damn.

With a HUFF, Evie made her presence known (even though it apparently was already known) and walked into the practice room, clearly irked that she wasn't able to disarm him. "I thought I was being quiet enough," she said. Irked, yes, but up to the challenge. Even so, Evie knew she was an amateur up against an Auror, so she wasn't expecting to take him down, but it was exciting to try.

When she walked across the room and stood a few feet in front of Professor Dakets, Evie crossed her arms over her chest, wand still in her hand. "When did you realize this was your life calling? When you were like, 'wow, I'm really good at this, let's fight crime'?" She was just curious to see when he started kicking butt and how much of a chance she stood against him.
Normally, he would have chuckled in good nature at such a senitment as hers, but as it was he simply watched her appear from the doorway and start across the room to him. There was a brief, and slight curl to the corners of his lips, though it was devoid of any amusement. "You would have been, had I not been listening for you."

There was a distinction, between being quiet and being known. She had the former, but the expectation of the later had given her away. It was the way with his world, the Auror world. Tiny distinctions, that made all the difference in the world.

The faint smile faded at her next question, his expression falling neutral again. Moving away from the wall, he motioned her to the center of the room. "Let's have a go, and then maybe I'll answer that question."

Stopping in the center of the room, he turned to face Shacklebolt, giving her a slight bow. Truth be told, he hated the bowing before duels, hated it from the day he became an Auror, but it was necessary here. In a learning environment. Both for the security of his job, and the impression that was bestowed upon the students. Couldn't rightly have duels popping out of no where.

_______________________________________You've never seen it look so easy.