View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 01:29 PM

Post Eddie Redmayne comments on 'Fantastic Beasts' casting, calls J.K. Rowling 'a genius'

Eddie Redmayne commented for the first time after being cast as Newt Scamander in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, saying he was 'hugely excited' and proclaiming Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, who wrote the script, as 'a genius'.

Redmayne first spoke about his involvement on Thursday evening's OMEGA VIP dinner honouring the Oscar-winner as the company's new international ambassador, in London.

Quote:
Eddie Redmayne: “I’m hugely excited, JK Rowling’s a genius, I am so thrilled to be a part of it but I can’t say a single word beyond that...I’ve always loved that world and I feel thrilled to be invited into it.”

“I have been in New York for a few days, I’ve just finished a film about three weeks ago and it’s the first time in a long while that Hannah and I have had a moment of freedom, so we’ve been on holiday recently...I’m sort of gently starting work on this new film. So getting stuck in, but also it’s slightly more gentle after the, a bit of sort of gentle downtime.”