View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 10:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: He DOES but shhhh, t'is a secreeet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Zander was confused. That was really the only way to put it. Though he was definitely starting to regret the fact that he hadn't chosen to take a seat, as his legs might give out any second here if they were to continue talking about his grades. It was the most uncomfortable subject, Zander was sure of it. He did, however, look up curiously when Professor Q started making his way towards the Sixth Year.

And then Zander Adair was really confused.

Just when he thought Professor Q couldn't hate him more, the man was giving him that 'We're gonna do great things' kind of look. Yeah, definitely confused (and more than normal, actually). It wasn't fair that Zander was terrible at reading people. He was sort of all out of guess too at this point. First Professor Q wanted him to get all squirmy and uncomfortable, and then he sounded disappointed in the fact that Zander got all squirmy and uncomfortable, and NOW he was giving him that kind of mighty look.

What was this world even?

He watched his Charms Professor, gaze unwavering. Okay, now he was curious. A lot less nervous, but only because it didn't seem like he was in trouble like he had first suspected. Things were taking a whole different turn here. And... to be honest, Zander wasn't even sure if he liked it or not. But he did like the idea of getting an O on his next exam. It didn't really seem possible and the amount of O's he was already able to manage seemed like a very far reach, but an O in charms... That'd be awesome. He couldn't even deny that. So Zander nodded, unsure of whether the question his Professor posed was a rhetorical one or not.. But he decided to answer anyways, 'cause that's what Zander's do. "Yes, sir," he DID see it. Well not actually see it, but in theory... It could be possible.

His eyes trailed along, watching his Professor turn around and face the bookshelf. Erm... No, he didn't know something... "...I have?"

Was he following? Maddox couldn't tell with the way the boy was staring like that but he wanted to believe the Prefect wasn't having one of THOSE moments and was keeping up quite fine. That being the case, he could successfully move forward. The boy could see his potential but didn't know he was holding back.

"Oh yeah, you're holding back on yourself big time. Deep down you know you've got what it takes and you know you can do better." Much...much better.

"The only problem is you pretend like you don't know so you think you can't then nothing gets done. A lot of Charms is confidence. It's what goes into the intent of a spell. You can't be iffy about it, you gotta take charge. Of course it also helps to know the material but we'll get to that." Like he said, the kid was gonna be working for an 'O' by the time he was ready to properly leave the castle, the man would make sure of that for himself.

Just...they had to work on it steadily. "How good are you at lying to yourself, Mister Adair?"

SPOILER!!: Lulz really really really Ravenclaw moment
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
Maddox had a very finely tuned sense of humor, and Sophie was appreciative of that. His threat about Truebridge made her snort, and she gave an innocent, nonchalant shrug of a shoulder to convey that she didn't mind that kind of responsibility one bit. "Works for me." Hehe.

There was MORE hearty laughter at his claim about the name 'Quiggles,' then, and Sophie cackled with the utmost delight. "That's what you want everyone to think, but I've faced my fair share of professors who put up a grumpy, suave facade. I know how you are deep down, y'haven't got me fooled." He WAS definitely a 'Quiggles.' "But your secret's safe with me. I won't spoil your reputation." Probably.

...HOLD. EVERYTHING.

You got a perfect score on both.

You got a perfect score on both.

YOU GOT A PERFECT SCORE ON BOTH.

Sophie Brown wasn't a public crier, nor one to publicly display any emotions other than sass, excitement, and pure joy. This particular moment in her life certainly fell under the category of excitement and pure joy, but it was a bit overkill, for tears threatened to pool in her deep chestnut eyes as her gaze held firmly to Quigley's as she... tried to process.

Merlin's pants.

After a long moment of wibbly staring at the professor, Sophie blinked back the tears, not letting a single drop of moisture fall, and cleared her throat purposefully. "Well, m'awfully glad I came by to thank you, then, because you're certainly deserving of my greatest thanks, AND you're," she had to swallow emotions for a moment, "still welcome for me making you look so good."

A smile followed now - a genuine, grateful smile that went all the way up to her eyes - and she leaned forward toward him, a professional hand extended across his desk for him to shake. It was a silent truce, perhaps, that despite their outward bantering, there was an understanding of their mutual respect for one another, and a promise that she wasn't going to let him down in the future either. A perfect score meant she was PERFECTly good at charms, and thus she had to set a shining example moving forward in his class. She was up for that job, no doubt. He could count on her to set the standards.

Oh Merlin, she thought he was joking? Maddox watched, clearly amused and willing to let her little cackling fit run its course.

Grumpiness wasn't exactly a one size fits all sort of thing. It just so happened that some people who were grumpy were legitimately so but Sophie was on some Ravenclaw high from news about her grades so he would let her have it, better, he'd play along. Maddox waited til she was done before giving a solemn nod. "You're absolutely right. You see right through my Miss Brown." He lied with his most sincere tone. " It's not something I advertise but deep down I'm a right 'ole softie."

It could have been the truth, in another life before he completely screwed up his animagus training and developed the temperament of a feline. It was all good with his wife and children but he hardly felt 'cuddly' anymore.

Just as he suspected, he would enjoy giving the news as much as she would enjoy hearing it. Look at the way she choked up. A speechless Sophie Brown was quite a sight and he wouldn't mind it more often. His grin widened some when she finally found her words. "Thought we agreed I wouldn't have to be grateful about that if I told you the secret." He wouldn't say thank you but he would shake her outstretched hand.

Naturally he was proud of her but after seeing the watery eyes he wasn't so sure he'd cop to that much.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.