View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 05:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: She knows it ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Leave it to Sophie Brown to find a compliment where none was intended. It was true, he did expect her to handle this professionally and in good taste but he hadn't thought it was much of a compliment until she took it that way. Maddox wouldn't even burst her bubble. He'd just...let her have it. "You'll be the first I haul to Truebridge if I find out otherwise." Much like he'd be the first she'd point fingers to.

Kinda made him want to....borrow a Ravenclaw for a day. See if she'd notice and how she'd handle it.

Huh. He liked this thought and pocketed it for another day. Right now, he was dealing with...name choices apparently. "Quiggles sounds like the name you give to a squishy stuffed cuddle toy. I happen to not be one of those." The man was anything but cuddly unless his mood allowed otherwise.

But more to the point, her grades and the look that had grown on her face. Somehow he might actually enjoy this as much as her and his expression broke into a grin. "You got a perfect score on both."

Maddox had a very finely tuned sense of humor, and Sophie was appreciative of that. His threat about Truebridge made her snort, and she gave an innocent, nonchalant shrug of a shoulder to convey that she didn't mind that kind of responsibility one bit. "Works for me." Hehe.

There was MORE hearty laughter at his claim about the name 'Quiggles,' then, and Sophie cackled with the utmost delight. "That's what you want everyone to think, but I've faced my fair share of professors who put up a grumpy, suave facade. I know how you are deep down, y'haven't got me fooled." He WAS definitely a 'Quiggles.' "But your secret's safe with me. I won't spoil your reputation." Probably.

...HOLD. EVERYTHING.

You got a perfect score on both.

You got a perfect score on both.

YOU GOT A PERFECT SCORE ON BOTH.

Sophie Brown wasn't a public crier, nor one to publicly display any emotions other than sass, excitement, and pure joy. This particular moment in her life certainly fell under the category of excitement and pure joy, but it was a bit overkill, for tears threatened to pool in her deep chestnut eyes as her gaze held firmly to Quigley's as she... tried to process.

Merlin's pants.

After a long moment of wibbly staring at the professor, Sophie blinked back the tears, not letting a single drop of moisture fall, and cleared her throat purposefully. "Well, m'awfully glad I came by to thank you, then, because you're certainly deserving of my greatest thanks, AND you're," she had to swallow emotions for a moment, "still welcome for me making you look so good."

A smile followed now - a genuine, grateful smile that went all the way up to her eyes - and she leaned forward toward him, a professional hand extended across his desk for him to shake. It was a silent truce, perhaps, that despite their outward bantering, there was an understanding of their mutual respect for one another, and a promise that she wasn't going to let him down in the future either. A perfect score meant she was PERFECTly good at charms, and thus she had to set a shining example moving forward in his class. She was up for that job, no doubt. He could count on her to set the standards.