View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: *squishes him*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Was he sweating? PFT no. Not at all. Okay, okay maybe just a little bit but it was just 'cause it was getting really hot in here. Would Professor Q mind if he just slipped off the robe that sat over his clothes, 'cause it was getting REALLY hot in here. The Gryffindor just pulled at his red and gold tie, trying to loosen it up a bit. Mostly because he was feeling the heat, but also just to give himself something to do while he stood around. This was just getting way too uncomfortable. And he had a few guesses as to what it was all about... But he just wanted it all to be over. Please? Could they just get it over with. No more trick questions.

... What? Sound? That implied that... But he... What?

"Professor, I do have appreciation for the subject?" Not as much appreciation as he had for Herbology or Creatures, but definitely more than just some. He wasn't a Ravenclaw though, didn't love the idea of homework and lessons..But that didn't mean that he hated Charms. His face fell--not that he had been smiling before or anything--as he tried to piece together what this was about. And then Professor Quigely finally decided to say it.

... His grade for the exam?

Zander had thought he escaped those with the last one he turned in. Well, no that was a complete lie. He thought he had escaped them once he got his results in the mail. But either way, he had thought it was all behind him.

"My... My grade?" His OWL grade? But... But Zander hadn't failed. He ONLY failed two which was probably horrible by other people's standards but Zander had been convinced that he'd fail them all SO. And Charms wasn't one of the two. Actually, he thought his practical was one of the better ones he had done and well the theory... well he had screwed up the theory for most of his exams, but Charms didn't seem to go nearly as badly as the Potion's one and he'd managed an E on potions so... "No, sir I didn't oversleep... I... Um" He mussed his hair absentmindedly with one hand as he searched for something to say.

"But I passed," he offered it up in a rather deflated, pathetic tone meant to be said as a defense. Why was he being called here if he passed? He thought he had failed. So wasn't a passing score good?

Sigh. There he went completely missing the point and slipping into self pity. It was very unbecoming of a Gryffindor. Gone were the days of Neville Longbottom.......though Adair was dangerously close to making a name for himself in history and not necessarily for the right reason. In any case, he would be an inspiration to some other kid later on down the line.

Something like 'If Adair can do it, so can you'.

Maddox sighed heavily and pulled himself from his oh so comfy seat. Making an effort here, kid better not throw it back at him like he'd done his offer of something to drink. "That's just the point, Mister Adair. You passed." He made his way around the desk, wrapping an arm around his shoulder with a look to be likened with gonna make you a star one day, kid.

"But just imagine, an O for the next one. That's what we're working for here, d'you see it?" Encouragement, because none of his students were going to just pass, they were going to do brilliantly.

Maddox released his shoulder, choosing instead to jam his hands into his pocket and turn to his shelves of books for a moment. "I've been thinking about it and you know something?" His tone was reflective as he skimmed the titles. "You haven't only been holding on me but you've been holding out on yourself." Though he'd never say it, he expected great things from this kid. Know what he needed? That sword of Gryffindor.

It did WONDERS for the Neville boy.

SPOILER!!: *snorts* /Such/ a Ravenclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
Sophie smiled and settled back in her chair when Quiggles seemed pleased to hear all that she had to say AND that he had taken her seriously and not poked fun at their brief but genuine heart-to-heart they'd just shared. But then, of course, he laid out the expectations, and Soph snorted. "You expecting brilliant things of me means y'know I'm perfectly capable of doing brilliant things, so thanks for the indirect compliment." She felt no pressure from it, really. "And no students will go missing on my watch." Probably, anyhow.

"It just has a nice ring to it. Makes you sound cool." Heheheh. She was TOTALLY pushing his buttons, but she was just curious to see what he'd do, okay? So far, he was being very kind and patient with her and didn't make a big deal out of her calling him Quiggles. Not TOO much, at least. Was... that some sort of reverse psychology? By him not giving a big dramatic reaction, was he trying to discourage her from calling him that by trying to make her lose interest?

Huh. Interesting fella.

But her GRADES? What... was he... ????????

"Okay, I don't need your thanks, but what... don't I know... about my grades?" She quirked a curious eyebrow at him and sat forward, considering him with interest. WHAT WAS HE GETTING AT?

Leave it to Sophie Brown to find a compliment where none was intended. It was true, he did expect her to handle this professionally and in good taste but he hadn't thought it was much of a compliment until she took it that way. Maddox wouldn't even burst her bubble. He'd just...let her have it. "You'll be the first I haul to Truebridge if I find out otherwise." Much like he'd be the first she'd point fingers to.

Kinda made him want to....borrow a Ravenclaw for a day. See if she'd notice and how she'd handle it.

Huh. He liked this thought and pocketed it for another day. Right now, he was dealing with...name choices apparently. "Quiggles sounds like the name you give to a squishy stuffed cuddle toy. I happen to not be one of those." The man was anything but cuddly unless his mood allowed otherwise.

But more to the point, her grades and the look that had grown on her face. Somehow he might actually enjoy this as much as her and his expression broke into a grin. "You got a perfect score on both."

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.