View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 10:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Laini Gracae-Ryans
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

SPOILER!!: welp he's a mess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Maddox nodded slowly, letting the boy get out everything he might have wanted to say about Charms. Understood it more than Transfiguration? The man would hate to see how THAT OWL turned out then but again, he was calm, not like Mister Adair who all but looked like he wanted to go through the floor.

Was the boy going to be alright?

"I'm glad you at least sound like you have some appreciation for the subject." Despite what he'd heard about that exam from the Examiner. The man tilted his head this way and that, trying to work out the little knots that threatened to make him uncomfortable through this meeting. Could you tell he was in no particular rush? He truly wasn't.

"The problem I'm having, Mister Adair," This was as good a time as any to get to the point. "is understanding your grade for the exam. Was it the nerves? Did you oversleep and miss half the theory?" The boy hadn't failed, no and there was some good news in that but as much as Maddox expected very little of the young Gryffindor, he also expected a lot.

"It's something we'll have to work at."

Was he sweating? PFT no. Not at all. Okay, okay maybe just a little bit but it was just 'cause it was getting really hot in here. Would Professor Q mind if he just slipped off the robe that sat over his clothes, 'cause it was getting REALLY hot in here. The Gryffindor just pulled at his red and gold tie, trying to loosen it up a bit. Mostly because he was feeling the heat, but also just to give himself something to do while he stood around. This was just getting way too uncomfortable. And he had a few guesses as to what it was all about... But he just wanted it all to be over. Please? Could they just get it over with. No more trick questions.

... What? Sound? That implied that... But he... What?

"Professor, I do have appreciation for the subject?" Not as much appreciation as he had for Herbology or Creatures, but definitely more than just some. He wasn't a Ravenclaw though, didn't love the idea of homework and lessons..But that didn't mean that he hated Charms. His face fell--not that he had been smiling before or anything--as he tried to piece together what this was about. And then Professor Quigely finally decided to say it.

... His grade for the exam?

Zander had thought he escaped those with the last one he turned in. Well, no that was a complete lie. He thought he had escaped them once he got his results in the mail. But either way, he had thought it was all behind him.

"My... My grade?" His OWL grade? But... But Zander hadn't failed. He ONLY failed two which was probably horrible by other people's standards but Zander had been convinced that he'd fail them all SO. And Charms wasn't one of the two. Actually, he thought his practical was one of the better ones he had done and well the theory... well he had screwed up the theory for most of his exams, but Charms didn't seem to go nearly as badly as the Potion's one and he'd managed an E on potions so... "No, sir I didn't oversleep... I... Um" He mussed his hair absentmindedly with one hand as he searched for something to say.

"But I passed," he offered it up in a rather deflated, pathetic tone meant to be said as a defense. Why was he being called here if he passed? He thought he had failed. So wasn't a passing score good?

You are Lemon!