View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: YAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

Was he relived that Professor Q didn't want to talk about his own day? Maybe. Professor Q just gave him the creeps. In every single sense of the word. But the staring was making Zander very uncomfortable now, so maybe it would've been better had there been any sort of conversation at all?

Zander didn't like this. Not one bit. Why all the staring? And he really didn't have anything to say to add to the conversation.... So he was supposed to be quiet. But Professor Q was the one who had told him to come to the office in the first place, so what was HIS excuse? This quiet was VERY uncomfortable. More so with each second that passed. It was like waiting to march to his own funeral. He knew what sort of thing was coming. It was only a matter of time. And the anticipation was KILLING him on the inside.

Oh, but he was totally cool. TOTALLY COOL!!!!! ahem. la la la.

Just as Professor Q broke the silence (that really didn't last all that long in actuality, but FELT like an ETERNITY), Zander felt himself exhale a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. La la la. He was ready for the worst, sir. Give him all that you've-- What?

... Was this another trick question?

The Sixth Year took a moment to think it over. What was he supposed to say?! What would Professor Q want?? What was the purpose behind this? Um. "I-uh-I do like Charms... It's not as difficult for me as Transfiguration. I actually understand it, unlike Runes... Erm... I like the practicality to it? Kind like with Creatures, it's pretty hands on?" he raised his eyebrows. Zander could only imagine what it was that Quigley wanted with him. Did he do it right?

Maddox nodded slowly, letting the boy get out everything he might have wanted to say about Charms. Understood it more than Transfiguration? The man would hate to see how THAT OWL turned out then but again, he was calm, not like Mister Adair who all but looked like he wanted to go through the floor.

Was the boy going to be alright?

"I'm glad you at least sound like you have some appreciation for the subject." Despite what he'd heard about that exam from the Examiner. The man tilted his head this way and that, trying to work out the little knots that threatened to make him uncomfortable through this meeting. Could you tell he was in no particular rush? He truly wasn't.

"The problem I'm having, Mister Adair," This was as good a time as any to get to the point. "is understanding your grade for the exam. Was it the nerves? Did you oversleep and miss half the theory?" The boy hadn't failed, no and there was some good news in that but as much as Maddox expected very little of the young Gryffindor, he also expected a lot.

"It's something we'll have to work at."

SPOILER!!: Dork
Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
Pffft. PFFFFFFFFFFT. How did she manage to pull that one off?!

What a turd.

"Yeah, yeah, you're really funny. Keep talking," she crossed her arms and wiggled her nose at him, huffing slightly as he DID keep taunting her with his apparent disinterest and unimpressed demeanor. Ruuuuuuuude.

His comment about her badge made her shake her head, though, and Sophie interjected with seriousness, "Actually, sir, this has humbled me," she nodded, placing a hand over the badge on her chest, then dropping it. "'Cause I wanted it ever since I was a first year, but now that I have it... well." She shrugged a single shoulder. "M'not sure I feel good 'nuff. I wanted it all those years 'cause I wanted to be someone, but being a prefect is way more than just being someone - I've gotta be the best someone. Set the standards and be someone everyone's gonna look to for leadership and guidance." It wasn't as glamorous as she'd always thought it would be, really. "M'gonna try to be, though, be the best I can be. And I will, 'cause m'not a quitter, and m'not gonna let anyone down," she smiled in reassurance, not meaning to completely ruin the playful banter going on. "...Quiggles," she added as an afterthought, grinning teasingly at the words he had spelled out. There. The lighthearted mood was restored, yes?

...Tell her something she didn't know? "What are you referring to, sir?" Curious Ravenclaw was curious.

Someone was less than impressed with his act. Good. He liked rattling her, Merlin knew she made it all too easy for him. Maddox grinned and munched at his apple again. An entertaining way to spend an afternoon for sure.

Until she got like that and he had to do a double take to be sure he hadn't let a Hufflepuff in. Lovely little things they were until they got hopelessly sentimental, then it was more like....why'd I let you in again? "I'm glad to hear that." He confirmed with a nod and it was the truth. Too many people had misconceptions about the badges that were given out around this place. It was almost refreshing to know some still took it seriously. "Of course you know I'll be expecting brilliant things from you and no missing students this term." She could handle that. Girl was a trooper with a forceful attitude.

The smile faded some. "You'll really have to stop calling me that. Of all the names out there you," and apparently Miss McGee, "choose Quiggles." Honestly, children these days.

What was he referring to? "Something about your grades." She was a Ravenclaw, this was probably the ultimate bait and he really needed to stop with these awful stereotypes.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.