Thread: The Room
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 06:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
D.A Forever
Dark Force Defense League

DMC & SA
Banshee

x2 x3
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

Hayley nodded here and there, still completely focused on his voice and what he was saying. She may not have known what he was talking about specifically, but she could imagine, based on her own.. mistakes, of late. Based on others, too. Her friends. Her cousins. He was right. It was part of being human, and especially of growing up. "That sounded awfully wise, you know, Gryffinclaw." She said softly, the faint traces of a smile forming on her lips.

"It's not alright." Merlin, she felt overwhelmed. Completely. It was over a year ago already, and she was just finding out Noel had punched Chance. The whole thing was.. beyond her, at the moment. How had she not found this out sooner? And then there was the whole Markus thing, and .. the Ravenclaw just wanted to shove every single thought related, out of her mind. If only that were so easy. "I know." That Noel was simply defending her. She knew that, without a doubt, without it having to be said. She knew why. It hadn't been necessary for him to do so, but .. it was Noel. Her Noel. Her cousin, her best friend, her brother, her protector. She should have known that day, when she had gone to him crying, he would ... react. But that was a first time thing, a new experience for the both of them.

How was she going to tell him about this?

Though the feeling of Chance taking her hands away from her face surprised her at first, the Diggory girl let him, giving his hands a little squeeze in return as she took a deep breath to try and soothe herself. If anyone, it should be him that you tell. Not going to cry, not - "I know," She mumbled, grey-blue eyes gazing directly back to Chance. She wanted to burry her face in her hands again, but refrained, willing the tears stinging her eyes to simply go away. She was not going to cry. "I don't know how to tell him. He warned me, and I didn't listen - he's going to be so disappointed in me."