View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 03:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

Text Cut: 'I'm a delight,' she says
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Even after he heard her shove the door open and enter, the man didn't look up from the parchments scattered across his desk. Miss Brown was hardly shy, she would speak what she wanted the moment she felt most inclined. Until then, there was no need to try coaxing anything out of her. The question about his favourites, however, coupled with the fresh scent of apples that drifted into the room had him looking over at her immediately.

Holy mother of Merlin...this child was a Godsend, wasn't she?

Someone, somewhere up there had heard his silent, peckish plea and delivered the Ravenclaw to his door. Naturally he'd have said thank you but to whom? Exactly, so he would settle for a half smirk of satisfaction as he nicked the apples from her hands one at a time. "I'd tell you it doesn't matter but I do have a preference for the green ones." That being the case, it was the first he sank his teeth into with the other two tumbled into his desk drawer. "Thank you."

Crunch. Ugh, heavenly.

"If you can get the class to bring me a barrel of green apples then all the power to you." He would be giddier than someone who ingested alihotsy extracts but she didn't need to know that. "And I didn't yell, I simply...raised my voice loud enough for the students to hear over their rotten little attitudes." Crunch. "There's a difference." Just don't ask him what that difference was.

The smirk on his face made HER smirk right back, smug as could be that he was almost literally eating out of the palm of her hand. As he made her load lighter and took the apples, Sophie left the man to his apple loving and instinctively drifted toward the bookshelves, tilting her head slightly to read the titles of the many books he had as she listened to him gush over his precious fruit.

A barrel of green apples? "Bet I can make that happen," she remarked confidently, tilting her head briefly to throw him a cheeky sort of grin, then went back to examining the shelves. "Green it is for the future, then." Maybe he'd get that barrel on his birthday or something, whenever that was.

When the man continued along to explain the difference between yelling and raising his voice, Sophie snorted and moved along to check out the next shelf. "I'm pretty sure you yelled. Or... maybe..." she hesitated, turning to consider him briefly, but then her attention was back on the shelves, "I guess how you reacted wasn't yelling, but it was scarier than yelling. Not that you're scary or that m'scared of you. But I think we all thought you were gonna murder someone. Would've been kind of cool if you did - I mean, in the 'that'd make a good story' kind of way. Not that killing anyone is cool."

Ahem.

"Anyway." She'd lost interest in the shelves now and was crossing back toward his desk, her gaze falling upon the photographs of his family now. "That's one order of business taken care of: green apples. Got it. I'll spread the word like wildfire." In one way or another. "But an item of lesser importance: did you see my OWL grade?" she inquired innocently, grinning now as her line of sight shifted from his family's pictures to the man himself. She'd gotten an OUTSTANDING in his subject, and she NEEDED to talk to him about it, okay? It was very important business.