View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Steelsheen

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Vincenzo "Vickers" Vanderbilt

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Ysadore Corveena Roa
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Ability is nothing without Opportunity | | Creativity is Intelligence having FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenGryffingirl View Post
The Script IS Finished, JKR said so herself:

@jk_rowling Is it true that there won't be a Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movie anymore??
Follow
J.K. Rowling ✔@jk_rowling
.@JulianaValdez15 Well, if it is, I've wasted a lot of time finishing the script. #ThereWillDefinitelyBeFantasticBeasts
6:50 PM - 16 Dec 2014

so it's probably her doing a few tweaking to it.

and plus this movie wouldn't have happened at all without JKR's blessing and she only let WB do the movie if they let her write the script.

so if they take her out- bye bye FBaWtFT movie.

I'd rather wait longer and it be Jo's script than them bringing Kloves again.
yeah i remember her tweet, i tweeted her back and asked her which draft she's been working on. no reply... she probably didnt see or didnt want to answer lol

its not unusual for screenplays to go through several drafts. thats standard even. what is unusual is to have production start dates getting pushed further and further back, specially for a big tentpole project with a pegged release date. its a logistics trapeze act to get everybody's schedule to work on one thing for a specific period of time-- and thats even for those with zero issues. something as basic as screenplay-- which is the foundation of a movie-- being delayed from getting to even just "shooting script" competency? yeah big uhoh.

delays in start dates results in people attached/ interested in this project to leave/ take a pass, since the window of opportunity for them to work on this have been missed. it also means WB will have to find a new release date (and all the other headaches that will ensue with having to change their marketing strategy) and of course theres the touchy issue of running overbudget $$$$$$

Yeah thats what crazy is, when its broken you say theres nothing to fix++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++And you pray that everything will be okay, while you're making all the same mistakes
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote