View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 02:57 AM   #118 (permalink)
Tazenhani
Special Services to the School

DMLE & DoM
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amur Neverwinter
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rhydian "Wolf" Blackhold

Ministry RPG Name:
Coby Greer
~ Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs become Lions ~

SPOILER!!: O.O Boss Lady
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
"Heard he made Head Auror," she mused in reply, wondering just how much, really, he had changed since his adolescent years. Did he still eat popcorn wherever and whenever he felt? Probably. On the other hand, the last time she'd seen him, he HAD done a nice job of arresting Domingo...

Anyway. She shook his hand with an excited smile of her own. "There's no need to worry about conditions regarding the needs of your family, Sabel. My own family mostly lives at a small cottage in Hogsmeade. A friend of mine sold it to me when he heard I was becoming Headmistress." She shrugged slightly. "Surely you don't think all of us stay at the castle at all times, do you? Most have a direct floo to their families in their own office. I'm sure you'd be able to set that up, as long as you can be here to teach your lessons and hold your office hours."

She smiled again and gathered up her purse. "We'll be in touch, Sabel. I daresay you can find Sander now, if he's not already on his way to you." And with that, she headed for the door.

The woman seemed to have quite the reputable sources, and Sabel couldn't help but wonder if Sander was one such person. Not so much a tourist, as a procurer of information. He'd have to ask.

For the moment, he found the heat of embarrassment rushing to color his cheeks. He had thought that the Professors stayed at the castle on a permanent basis, with only a few breaks here and there to see loved ones or friends outside. In his day, they had always been on hand. But then, in his day, he'd been naive and narrow-visioned.

It was an overwhelming relief, that he wouldn't have to bargain for time with his family. And that relief showed clearly in the genuine smile that took hold. "Of course, I would be. And thank you, very much."

He rose to his feet as the Headmistress prepared to leave. "I look forward to it, Ms. Truebridge."

Sabel stayed standing until she was gone from the Three Broomsticks. As soon as the door closed behind her, Sabel dropped back into his seat, scrubbing his hands over his face and back through his hair as he let out the breath he had desperately been holding in.

Had that seriously just happened?

_______________________________________You've never seen it look so easy.