View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 01:07 AM   #117 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Text Cut: Professor Dakest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
It was hard not to stare. This lady, this current Headmistress of Hogwarts and the woman offering him a position at the school, had given Legend Chosen a letter of recommendation? What was it with bumping into people that were only a mild separation from him? But more importantly, if she had recommended Legend for the YATI program, then why wasn't she interviewing him for this position?

The compulsion to ask was hard to curb. Whatever her reasons, they were her reasons. Maybe she had already asked Legend, and he had said no. The guy had a prominent place in the MLE, and he was undeniably good at his job. So he kept his thoughts to himself in exchange for a simple reply and nod of his head. "Legend is a good friend, and has become a fine Auror."

One that Ms. Truebridge should be impressed by. The fact that she was impressed by his hastily strewn together words and idealistic ideas, floored him. The fact that she was practically offering him the job on the spot, rendered him speechless. He had to remind himself that nothing was certain, that there were still things that had to be considered and he was neither in or out at this point, all just so that he could nod in understanding and agreement. "You'll have them as soon as I can make contact with my references."

Confirmed by the Hogwarts Board of Governors. The line made his head spin a bit. He moved forward slightly to shake her hand, a tempered smile of excitement and hope on his lips. "I...can't express how humbled, and honored, I am that you have taken the time to interview me and find me....a suitable candidate for the position. Thank you." A nod. "You can find me at the ministry."

Hesitation pricked at his mind as he retracted his hand, his smile slipping a little with it. Did he dare speak his thoughts now, when he was so close? Would it kill his opportunity to do so? Sabel let out a breath. It would do greater harm than good to speak of it later, if and when the acceptance actually went through. It was best, to lay all the cards out on the table now.

"But, should the position be confirmed by the Board of Governors, I have one condition of acceptance I feel I should say now, rather than later." That way she could consider another candidate if his condition resonated unreasonable with any of the staff or Governors. "I understand that working at Hogwarts requires full time residency of the staff. And I'm more than aware that most of the staff members have family, and they have to give up a lot of time to teach. And I understand that my personal, past choices have nothing to do with a position at Hogwarts, and the consequences are mine to deal with. And I respect the decisions of the staff and the Governors."

His eyes locked with hers. "But I have a wife, and two young kids who's lives I've barely been around for due to ... work." A choice he regretted daily. "And it is not in the best interest of my family if I take another job that keeps me away from them consistently." He took a breath. "For their sake, I'm afraid that should the position be offered, I can only accept if I am allowed to return home to my family every second day, or at least once in the middle of the week and on weekends."

As much as he hoped for the Headmistress's offer to return to him, he couldn't put his family through another extended absence. Not when he had a choice in the matter.

"Heard he made Head Auror," she mused in reply, wondering just how much, really, he had changed since his adolescent years. Did he still eat popcorn wherever and whenever he felt? Probably. On the other hand, the last time she'd seen him, he HAD done a nice job of arresting Domingo...

Anyway. She shook his hand with an excited smile of her own. "There's no need to worry about conditions regarding the needs of your family, Sabel. My own family mostly lives at a small cottage in Hogsmeade. A friend of mine sold it to me when he heard I was becoming Headmistress." She shrugged slightly. "Surely you don't think all of us stay at the castle at all times, do you? Most have a direct floo to their families in their own office. I'm sure you'd be able to set that up, as long as you can be here to teach your lessons and hold your office hours."

She smiled again and gathered up her purse. "We'll be in touch, Sabel. I daresay you can find Sander now, if he's not already on his way to you." And with that, she headed for the door.

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind