View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #113 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
Rapid fire indeed. Sabel couldn't recall any interview, job or life based that had tossed so many questions at him all at once. Except, for maybe when Damien had taken to scolding him for being an idiot. But those had been rehotircal questions, and most had never needed an answer. These, did.

And he was surprised to find they came relatively easy. "My strengths and weaknesses." He scrubbed at his chin slowly, suddenly regretting not having a drink to have this conversation over. In his mind, there was one strength and weakness that he had, and everything else stemmed from that. But voicing it was both somewhat philosophical, and an admission he was careful never to make for fear of the wrong people hearing.

So, he skipped to the basics. "I'm good at my job, at what I do. The practical side, the spell work, the investigation. Integrity, commitment, intuition, evaluation, judgement, attentiveness, diligence, vigilance. Protecting people." He shrugged, somewhat self-conscious of having rattled it all off. "I have a strong moral compass and a drive to help people."

As for his weaknesses? It made him smile a little. "However, I've been told, and proven to myself, that I can be impulsive, a bit hot-headed and temperamental, idealistic and I've been known to speak my mind at the wrong time. "Things I'm working on." Sounded less lovely, but then, she had asked.

His smile turned into a chuckle at recalling the second question. "My co-workers? Well, the younger generation has not been shy to tell me that I talk too much and need to learn how to relax. I'm not sure whether they look up to me or are irritated by me." Another shrug. "My peers and the older generation though? Loyal, I suppose. Perhaps to a fault. Good at what I do."

How could he summarize? "A Gryffindor, still." Always. She would either appreciate that, or loathe it. At least he wasn't a snake?

His smile disappeared as he turned to the third question. For a moment, he watched her, searched her eyes. Was she going to ask him? It occurred to him that it didn't matter, the answer couldn't change. "Yes, I do know."

He looked away, considering taking a break for a drink, but refrained. What would that show about the worst thing that he had done? It certainly wouldn't build any confidence in her, though he wasn't sure what confidence, if any, his words were instilling in her at all. Refocussing his attention, Sabel decided to switch up the last two questions.

"As for teaching, I prefer practical knowledge. Especially in a subject like DADA. It's one thing to hear about how to act, or preform a spell, or what a circumstance is like, without being in it. Reactions are different. Choices are different." His gaze returned to her. "Granted, temperance and sensibility should be used and more...sensitive topics require the distance that theory affords."

Which led him to his last point, easily answered by his encounters with the YATI's opinions. "Though, that doesn't seem to do much for curiosity. I would argue, that the largest threat to kids is misconception. That the Dark Arts and Dark Wizards, are interesting. An intriguing curiosity to be explored, tested and experimented with." His expression was grave as he glanced around the pub, finally settling on the Headmistress. He was sure she was no stranger to his words. "When in fact, there's nothing further from the truth."
Strengths were good. Weaknesses were.... at least honest. Co-worker descriptions seemed consistent. Sabel was very much a Gryffindor, both by his own admission and from what she had heard about him so far. Despite that, honestly, Gryffindors often made the best DADA subjects teachers. Just look at how fearlesslyish Airey had handled her DADA lesson last term.

She nodded along as he continued, mentally taking notes for follow-up questions. Annie's blue eyes met his at one point, and she leaned in as she softly asked, "Is the worst thing you've ever done something you would feel comfortable with your students learning about you? You do realize that they try to get into their professors' lives and under their skin, and sometimes with poor intentions..."

The Headmistress took a sip of her drink, after that, and now she was finished with both gillywaters. "I appreciate a hands-on approach to DEFENSE Against the Dark Arts. I daresay you've worked with a share of my former students, including Alexa Cambridge, no? I believe her intention after school was to either become a Dark wizard or else delve into her curiosity surrounding them." Annie rolled her eyes heavenward. "The DMLE certainly has its work cut out for them in trying to change HER mind. Since we're on the same page there regarding practicality and sensibility, how would you go about teaching DADA? Where do you think the education of magical graduates like Alexa is lacking? How can we teach our students how to defend themselves, and make them see the VALUE of defense, without actually placing them at great risk?" Or at least, without placing them at greatER risk than Hogwarts already contained...

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind