View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 03:25 AM   #104 (permalink)
Tazenhani
Special Services to the School

DMLE & DoM
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amur Neverwinter
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rhydian "Wolf" Blackhold

Ministry RPG Name:
Coby Greer
~ Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs become Lions ~

SPOILER!!: Bunz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post

This Auror was ever the cautious one. In most circumstances, Annie would have become impatient and annoyed by now. But for the purposes of this meeting, for the person she was looking for... Mr. Dakest was right to be suspicious. And at least he shook her hand.

"Sander is fine. He's at Honeydukes, just down the road, in fact. I didn't mean to intrude on your... social interactions with my cousin, but when the opportunity presented itself...." She trailed off to reach into her purse at last, placing a folded, but still pristine, copy of the most recent Daily Prophet on the table between them. One article in particular was circled in red ink.

She gave him another moment, knowing he would likely want to take this all in and process it before saying much else. So, Annie would do the talking. "At a recent family get-together, Sander happened to mention how HAPPY he was to be working with the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, specifically, an Auror named Dakest. Then your name came up in the article, and coincidentally, Sander had already made plans to meet with you here. Now, I'm not trying to intrude on your private affairs, Mr. Dakest, but I happen to think this article is a load of hippogriff dung. My cousin may be a foolish risk-taker, but I don't think he's a poor judge of character."

The Headmistress paused a moment. Why, she hadn't even gotten to the point of this meeting and already she was parched. "Would you like something to drink?"

A quiet breath of relief left him. Good. That was, good.

As fool-headed and troublesome as the red-head had been, Sabel had developed quite the soft spot for him. He was a good guy, and if something had happened....Well, it hadn't. So that was that. The kid was going to get a word or two, when this meeting was up and over. Could have sent an owl, or a patronus, or a warning of some sort.

Glancing down at the article, Sabel found himself letting out another breath. Of course. That thing was following him around like a rabid dog. The look he returned to the Headmistress was neutral. He didn't need to read it. He'd done that enough. So what did she want from it? What was the Headmistress of Hogwarts doing, pulling an Auror aside over some Daily Prophet article?

Sabel listened to her words quietly, trying to sauce out the meaning of the meeting and where this was all going. Was she trying to protect Sander from what they perceived was a dangerous meeting? Or was she worried, with the history of the Cult and it's involvement of Hogwarts, that her school and her students were at risk? Or was it both?

He shook his head at the offer of a drink, interlacing his fingers together in a ball on the table as he leaned forward a little, watching her eyes carefully. "I appreciate the vote of confidence, Ms. Truebridge. Your cousin is a good guy. I owe him my life. And I have heard good things about your leadership at Hogwarts."

If the truth was told, he didn't care to try to defend himself or the MLE. They had done enough for everyone, that a defense shouldn't even be required. But, he did owe Sander and he could more than appreciate the Headmistress's position. He spread his hands. "So, what is it I can do for you?"

He'd answer what questions he could, and put what fears at ease that he could. After all, it was about all he could do. It was hard to defend against a fear mongering newspaper.

_______________________________________You've never seen it look so easy.