View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #103 (permalink)
BanaBatGirl
Dark Force Defense League

MLE & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
TBD
Gryffindor

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Zara H. Bunbury-Foster
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bernadette O. Grantham
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
David O. Truebridge
Mysteries
Professor Pink | Mrs. Bruce Wayne | I'm on a Goat | Glitterpuff | Dumbledore's Defense Squad | BHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post
The .... Headmistress?

There wasn't much that gave him pause in these recent days, but that just about did it. Sabel blinked at her a few times and nearly demanded to see some identification. Why was the Headmistress of Hogwarts here, instead of Sander?

But it was her hand, extended in good faith, that kept his tongue still. After a moment of consideration, he took her hand and shook it. "Sabel Dakest, but you...already know that."

Taking his hand back, Sabel rested a little easier in his chair but left his caution in place, piqued by concern. "Is Sander alright?" Probably not. Why else would the woman be here? The fool probably took his exploring too far. And if a relative was here...
This Auror was ever the cautious one. In most circumstances, Annie would have become impatient and annoyed by now. But for the purposes of this meeting, for the person she was looking for... Mr. Dakest was right to be suspicious. And at least he shook her hand.

"Sander is fine. He's at Honeydukes, just down the road, in fact. I didn't mean to intrude on your... social interactions with my cousin, but when the opportunity presented itself...." She trailed off to reach into her purse at last, placing a folded, but still pristine, copy of the most recent Daily Prophet on the table between them. One article in particular was circled in red ink.

She gave him another moment, knowing he would likely want to take this all in and process it before saying much else. So, Annie would do the talking. "At a recent family get-together, Sander happened to mention how HAPPY he was to be working with the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, specifically, an Auror named Dakest. Then your name came up in the article, and coincidentally, Sander had already made plans to meet with you here. Now, I'm not trying to intrude on your private affairs, Mr. Dakest, but I happen to think this article is a load of hippogriff dung. My cousin may be a foolish risk-taker, but I don't think he's a poor judge of character."

The Headmistress paused a moment. Why, she hadn't even gotten to the point of this meeting and already she was parched. "Would you like something to drink?"

yeah, there's one thing about me that you should know________________________________

__________________________________________that I can't help from speaking my mind