View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 12:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jessiqua

DERP & DoM
Poltergeist

Ministry RPG Name:
Archer Burton
Environmental Protection
x9
Sassenach | RAVENPUFF | Sing me a song of a lass that is gone | bookDRAGON | #awkwardturtle<#

SPOILER!!: Giles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Look at the kids, weren't they just adorable. Giles really adored children and he was very excited about doing this today. Giving them all beaming smiles he glanced at the first girl to show up. He couldn't help but smile at her excitement, "Flying is most certainly the first step. Hello, I'm Giles Low." He nodded at the girl, "What's your name?" They would get started shortly.

Seeing another child he smiled at her, "Hello, are you ready for some flying today?" Of course she was that's why they were all here wasn't it. He glanced at the brooms and gave her a little wink. [b] "Just with your eyes right now. We'll all get started once everyone is here. So right now you can look and pick one in your head then when it's time you can grab it.

"Well hello Teddy, how are you today? I'm Giles." He figured the girl that was eagerly wanting a broom was his sister maybe? They looked a bit alike. This was truly going to be such a great day! "Well get started very soon." He probably should have had a list to make sure they were all there, but that was the check in's job he assumed.

Seeing another child walk over to them he smiled at his Japanese. "Hello, I'm Giles. Are you ready to do some flying?" Some looked more nervous then others, he hoped that the nerves would go away quickly. This was going to be fun and there was no danger when the professionals were around to help.

Giles, yep Teddy stored that name in his name database. "Hi Giles," he said, letting a quick smile pass his lips. "Yeah… yeah I'm… I'm READY!" he was trying to psych himself up, trying to be SUPER DUPER excited, trying not to be terrified… but really, chances of him having a flying accident would be statistically small. He shouldn't even be worrying about it. There were professional quidditch players here to help and supervise, so they weren't going to let them just fly without knowing anything. This time he smiled for a bit longer, the nervous glimmering in his eyes transforming to a bright excitement.

SPOILER!!: Alec Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post
Broom? Check! Bottles of water? Check! Hair in great condition? Check check check!

Broom slung over his shoulder and a hand raking through his hair every now and then, Alec made his way onto the pitch. Being a Quidditch player meant that he was used to checking the conditions before any flying took place so it wasn't surprising that his blue-grey eyes examined the sky as he walked. Good conditions? Couldn't be better. The sun might make them tired but it was better than flying out in the rain. None of the kids would end up getting sick, this way.

Speaking of kids, there they were! Merlin, he wasn't late, was he?

Grinning widely and somewhat nervously, the twenty-one year old headed over towards the left side of the pitch. He'd received an owl with instructions on the event and the breakdown so he wasn't surprised to see so many groups here and there. But his eyes remained on the group he was instructing. His group. Nodnod.

"Hey guys! How's everyone today? Excited?" Alec asked, still grinning as he came to a stop and placed the bottles of water on the ground. Emergencies, you know. "For those of you who don't know me, I'm Alec Summers, Tutshill Tornados Seeker and one of your instructors today!" Call him Alec, yeah? Summers was... too formal.

And hey, Giles Low. Smiles and nod for you.

Teddy was standing next to Ava when someone else appeared, an older person. Well, he wasn't that old, not like his parents, kind of like his cousin Sophia. She was 20. Cooooool, he had his own broom! The guy looked very familiar, he must be a professional player that Ava liked or something.

Yep, that was confirmed by one look at his twin sister. He actually laughed! She was sooooo excited. "Oh, that's who he is!" He closely followed his sister as she wandered a bit closer towards the man and watched her introducing herself, and telling him what a fan she was. "Hello I'm Teddy," he added to the professional quidditch player, Alec Summers. That name was stored too. It wasn't Alex, it was ALEC. He let Ava speak for the both of them, They were ready, yes. But he wasn't fussed about what broom he got, as long as it had been maintained correctly and was safe.

SPOILER!!: Ava
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomRaven View Post
There he was, Theodore Burton, a.k.a Teddy or sometimes she called him Dora. "What take you so slow?" She scolded her twin brother, poked his head and pinched his cheek. She just loooooooooved teasing him. "Cheer up, Dora. We're gonna learn how to fly today! Don't you feel excited?" Because she did! She was waiting for this moment, learning how to ride the broomstick and play Quiddditch, could she be the beater, please?

Then Ava watched there was a younger boy (Jacen) with funny accent and bowing to the instructor. "Hello! You're so funny by the way." She grinned sheepishly. "I'm Ava. This is my twin brother, Dora... I mean, Teddy." She introduced herself and her brother of course. Twins for the win!

Was she ready for flying? "Yes sir!" She answered enthusiastically. "And hello, Giles. My name is Ava." How in the world she forgot to introduce herself? Lucky that her mother wasn't here or she's gonna stare at here. "But but but... Why we cannot pick the broom now? I don't wanna get the ugly one." She pouted.

And wait.... She noticed there was another man came in.

WAS THAT ALEC SUMMERS?

She was a fan of him and Tutshill Tornados!!

"Teddy, loook!! Alec Summers is here!!" She couldn't help but squealed. SHE WAS NOT DREAMING, RIGHT? "Alec Summers! Hi, I'm... Ava Burton and I... I'm a big fan of you.." She spoke to him and blushed. Could she take photos with him once the camp had finished? Also asking his autograph on her t-shirt?

Teddy gave Ava a worried look. Why was she always telling him off for being so slow? He liked to take his time, he didn't need to be in the place he needed to be at warp speed. He walked as far as his legs and lungs would take him, unless he was trying to run. But he supposed she teased him for being slow for the same reason he teased her for other things. It didn't matter, even though she was annoying sometimes he still loved her. He ducked away from further poking and pinching, and didn't want to poke or pinch her in front of other people. He didn't want people watching him. "Yes I'm excited," he said, though he wasn't 100% excited. Maybe… maybe 85% excited. At LEAST 75%.

SPOILER!!: Jace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post

Jace was distracted again, when one of the girls in their group called his attention. It was a good thing that she made the first move to interact, because there’s no way that the nine year old boy would jump into conversation head on. It was something that he wanted to do, but he was scared of it. What if they’re rude? What if they don’t like him?

And...what? Jace opened his mouth, and closed it again. No, he was not offended because he gets that compliment most of the time. Though he was educated in an International School back in Japan, his mother’s native language was the default dialect used when he gets home from school. Now that he and his father have transferred to New Castle two years ago, his accent was still a work in progress. “Funny?” he asked in Japanese, his head tilted. The brown haired boy shook his head, and grinned at the girl. Ava...and Teddy. “Hi, Ava. Hi. Teddy. I’m Jace!” He gave both kids a quick wave, and immediately tucked his hands behind him smiling at the both of them.

Making friends isn’t so bad, yeah?

Another adult voice was heard, and Jace turned to see...WHOA WAIT. Is that...? Jace blinked once...twice, until it registered in his brain that it surely was THE Alec Summers of the Tutshill Tornados. The boy watched the Seeker’s movements, and tried to memorize every detail that he was seeing at the moment. Can his dad see this? Merlin’s beard. Jakub will die of envy! Alec Summers! In the flesh!

Slowly, a grin formed on Jace’s lips. Was he going to be in their group? Will he get to learn FROM Alec-san? The nine year old took a step forward, but Ava had beat him to it. Jace’s face felt warm, and chose to stay in his spot beside Mr. Giles. Surely, Mr. Summers doesn’t want to be bothered with two kids, yes? Yes. Shoulders slightly slumped, Jace continued to look at the Seeker, and gave him a quick wave too.

Hi, Mr. Summers! Hi!

Teddy's eyes were wide with shock when his sister said the other boy was funny. Buuuuut then the guy, whose name was Jace, grinned. So, maybe he wasn't angry or upset or offended. But he said something in a language he didn't know, but from his own time watching the television his mother had, he thought it was from Asia. Maybe Japanese. It sounded like Astro boy, and he had watched Astro Boy a few times. He was glad Ava introduced them both, then he added "Hello Jace," in his nervous little voice. He had a squeaky little British voice, but had learned how to speak Russian since he was a baby, thanks to his mother. But he didn't speak Russian to many people, so he didn't say anything in Russian to the boy who was speaking Japanese, because the boy sounded like he might have learned English after he learned Japanese.

SPOILER!!: Isobel
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledhampir View Post
Isobel was excited to be part of the training camp. She wished something like it had existed when she was younger, though actually she probably would not have attended it. She didn't really like simply flying around on a broom due to her fear of heights and all. When she played quidditch it was easy to ignore, but it had terrified her all other times. It wasn't as bad as it had been when she was younger, but she still was not fond of heights. But today she would be people young people learn and she was excited for that, so it should be okay.

"Hello," she greeted the group as she approached. She smiled at Giles and Alec, fellow quidditch players and teachers at this camp, before turning to the group of kids assembled. "Nice helmet," she said to one boy who was indeed holding one in his hand. "But I don't think you're going to need it today." But if he wanted to wear it that was fine with her. It was kind of adorable.

It looked like there were still quite a few who had yet to arrive. While she waited, Isobel looked around at what was contained nearby.
Then someone else approached the group, another adult. Well, trainer. Maybe she was a professional too? Teddy gave her a smile and waved at her as she said hello to them. She heard her tell the boy with the helmet that she didn't think he would need it, which meant that they wouldn't be doing anything dangerous today, which relieved Teddy. Good.

EVASIVE | RESTLESS | MISUNDERSTOOD
always on the move