View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #191 (permalink)
TakemetotheBurrow

DERP & DMLE

Grindylow

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Everleigh Evans
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Luca Benetti
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emilia Espinosa
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Mariana Medina

x12 x7
elephant-astic•wanderlust•stay in the ninedaaays the original Taco Belle•look at the flowers✿

SPOILER!!: Sophie and Jory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Sophie's gaze switched over briefly to look at the man that Jory was talking about and couldn’t help but smile broadly. "I had no idea that Professor Williamson worked for the ministry of magic now." It was a small world it seemed. "I always enjoyed his CoMC lessons." She had no recollection of attending a lesson on pygmy puffs but Sophie figured that Jory had more reason of remembering it than she had considering that it had lead to him adopting a pygmy puff.

Furrowing her brows Sophie asked Jory. "Why are you torn between those two creatures in particular?" Would either of them be able to co-exist with an owl, a kneazle and a pygmy puff in the same house? That was a question for the red-headed woman to answer.

Listening intently as her questions were answered Sophie furrowed her brows in thought. "Both seem to be great pets. It’s hard to choose. If I wanted too could I adopt one kneazle and one puffskein so they can keep each other company while I'm off working? Or would they not be able to live together under the same roof?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
It was definitely Jory's Hufflepuff side of him coming out upon hearing what those four creatures had been through. This was making him very vulnerable to adopt one of them now. The pet adoption lady was certainly not helping. Just listen to her ramble off about kneazles and puffskeins. It made Jory thing that he should adopt at least one of each magical creature in the world.

"I actually met him here during my first year. Yes, his lessons were rather fun. I think that's why I remember them so well,'' Jory told Sophie. Especially the Pygmy Puff lesson. He now looked sheepishly at his friend. "I have no idea. I know the Niffler probably would not be a good choice to keep in a house.'' He looked at Harmony. "What do you think? Would a clabbert be better?" Looks like he was adopting for sure today, folks.

Jory also paid keen attention to the answers to Sophie's question. There might be a point in time when he would find those answers useful at the rate he was going in adopting pets.

Harmony simply listened as the two recalled being taught by William. She was pleased to hear that they seemed to enjoy attending his classes and would certainly be passing said information on to him when all this was over. It'd make his day, she was sure. You could never have too many positive vibes.

Ah, the clabbert versus the niffler. Harmony was sure she'd already suggested the kneazle but perhaps her advice had been masked by the particularly loud and energetic crups. Understandable. "My only fear is that the clabbert would try and eat your owl. It is quite fond of birds." Lizards too. "And nifflers can actually be quite affectionate creatures which is nice, as far as pets go. I'd say you'd only be in trouble with that if you've got lots of shiny things decorating your place. Really, the risk you're willing to take having either is up to you." There were ways to house both safely, though Harmony thought the niffler would be easier to have around other creatures.

As for the question about kneazles and pygmy puffs, Harmony looked thoughtful for a minute before responding. "They certainly can live together, as they do so often at Hogwarts. It's so lovely they let you bring pets there, honestly. Anyway, I think as long as you keep the pygmy puff in a separate room from the kneazle while you're out, they'd be fine. I just wouldn't chance the rare cases of kneazle aggression with such an adorable little creature as a pygmy puff. Supervision when they're together would be a wise choice."

SPOILER!!: George and Danda
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
For the first time, George looked like he wanted to speak. His eyes were wide with interest, sparkling at the prospect of adopting a pet...he was eyeing the ex-mutants eagerly.

"Wh--which of them animals is best, you think, for two old kooks like us--" he smiled so warmly. It was easy to see where Ember got her gentler side from....when she was feeling gentle. "We're up for just about anything!" he smiled widely at his wife, who nodded.

"We know. She is a gem. It's good someone else thinks so, too." It was clear from Danda's smile that she was used to people telling her....things about her daughter. Nope to the NOPE. Danda Brighten was proud to call Ember her daughter. "Regardless-pet time! George--we can probably NOT handle a niffler--" she nodded at the ex-mutant was clearly a niffler. Weren't they a good deal of work?

How adorable wereEmber's parents? Harmony was delighted by their curiosity about the pets and willingness to adopt rather than go out and buy from the menagerie! And to be focusing on the mutants of all things! It made the red head's heart swell.

Nodding her head at Ember's mother, Harmony smiled. She did think the world of their daughter and she couldn't see why anyone would think otherwise. The woman was so kind and generous! Admirable qualities indeed!

Chuckling at the man's comments about 'old kooks,' Harmony looked between the two and then rubbed her chin thoughtfully. "I'd say the kneazle formerly known as Mutant Y would be perfect for you both! What do you say?"

SPOILER!!: Matthew and Henry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Interesting. Matthew looked intently at the creatures in their cages as the woman explained about them and he, of course, had more questions about them, but his attention soon was diverted by his son. He seemed awfully excited by cats.. well, kneazles, apparently, and he took a few steps towards Henry.

"Maybe you should tell him what the difference is," he smiled towards the woman in charge. She was the expert, after all - or at least that was the impression that he had - so she'd probably know best. Matthew looked back towards the kneazles, then glanced at Henry. "Do you think you want to get one of those?"

Henry was still looking at the cats, sticking his fingers through the cage to let one rub up against them. He glanced up at the lady as she corrected him. Oh.. kneazles. Sure, he saw kneazles in a couple of his books, but they looked a lot like cats and that was easier to say. Though kneazle was kind of fun to say.

The one currently rubbing his head against his fingers as he tried to pet him was awfully friendly and Henry thought he liked him best. He grinned at his dad when he came over, then nodded. "Yeah, I like this one.. Can we get him?" Pleeeaaase?

Noting the boy seemed particularly taken with one of the kneazles, Harmony went over to its cage and let him out, scooping the creature up into her arms and scratching between his ears. She then knelt down in front of the boy so he could pet the kneazle and interact more naturally while she explained the difference. "They're much like cats in appearance and behavior, though kneazles are known for their large ears and plumed tails!" Yes, just like lions, ROAR! "They're quite special in how smart they are and they're very good at reading people!" Just like she was, heh. "I think kneazles make excellent pets."

And it looked like the little man wanted this one. At his question, Harmony too glanced up at the boy's father and smiled. He was totally going to take home this adorable kneazle, yes?