View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Derek deadpanned at Aron's comment and........ finally took a seat. He rarely had to go to his boss' office and he wasn't quite sure what to do. ...Actually, he wasn't sure what to do in most- well, all social situations, so he... just... sat there.

"Um... um, uh.. coffee." He almost said 'neither' but something told him that would be rude. Or would it? Derek wasn't so sure. He wished his boss would skip the small talk - because Derek was terrible at those - and just go straight to the point, but he was most definitely not going to say that out loud. What if it made matters worse and the man started asking him millions of questions and then Derek would end up talking a lot more and that would be just terrible.

So he remained quiet, as usual, just waiting for Aron to say whatever he was going to say.
An excellent choice, seeing as the department had the best coffee in the Ministry. Summoning two cups - more specifically a dainty cup for Derek and a large orange mug for himself - the department head poured coffee into them and placed the teacup in front of Derek.

Not even pausing to blow on his before taking a sip, the scalding hot liquid doing a lot more than teasing his taste buds, he held the mug against his lower lip as he observed Derek. "So, Derek, how long have you been working here?" he questioned, already knowing the answer himself but asking just to make some small talk before jumping into things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
She wasn't sure because of how muffled it sounded but it sounded like someone said to come in. That being the case, Alexa pushed the door open and let herself in. This was her first real spy mission and she couldn't afford to botch this up. Rainey made it very clear, if she messed this up, she would have nothing but desk work to look forward to for a loooong time. Kinda sad considering she didn't EVEN have a desk...so...floor work?

"Afternoon Sir, hope I'm not disturbing." See? She was even getting the formality thing down. Maybe one day she'd even mean it! The wonders of the working world.

"The name's Alexa, 'm a YATI from up there in the MLE." Introductions and all. "The one that got you the extra drink at the orientation." Which, by the way should have gotten her brownie points. JUST saying. "And I'm doing some rounds of patrol." While spying on you, no big deal, carry on. "Thought I'd check to be sure no one'll off you in your office when everyone else steps out--all a part of the job, of course."

Cue excited grin.
"No, not at all," he said, his tone laced entirely with dry sarcasm. Just preventing him from getting a sandwich or something. Of course he remember this one, especially after all the stories he had heard from Seren. "I remember," he nodded with a subtle tip of the head. Leaning back a bit in his chair, the Australian stretched his arms a bit and flexed his muscles while trying not to snort.

Rounds. In his office? What in Merlin's name...

"Rainey got you on babysitting duty, has he?" the man teased while scratching the back of his neck. Good Merlin when Emily found out about this. "Well, as you can see...Alexa...my office is perfectly secure. No one is going to 'off' me today."

What? He was a realist. No telling what tomorrow would bring.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes