View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 03:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
feeheeheeny

Special Services to the School
Mod Babysitter

DMT
Dwarf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia "Mia" Adair
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Leigh Upstead
Hufflepuff
Third Year
x11
be curious, not judgmental

The arrival of Zander to class made her smile. Sophie associated most classes with people in one way or another - Dot with Potions, Mo with DADA, and Tobes with virtually every other one... but Arithmancy was her class with Zander. After their dynamite chalk activity last term, she felt a strong connection with him in this room, and she always felt comforted when he was there. They were Arithmancy buddies. That's just the way it was.

As class began, Soph gave a hum of understanding at the revealing of the piece's name and composer. Yes, that made sense. And it was cute that the professor seemed so deeply moved by it - it even made the fifth year smile to see the woman so passionate about it. A nice transfer of energy there.

Oh, the power of music.

Raising a hand, Sophie offered up her explanations, though carefully did not say aloud which songs they were, "Mine... well, the first one makes me feel motivated and hopeful and confident for the future and like I can do anything I put my mind to if I don't give up. S'empowering. The second is..." Her eyes flickered involuntarily over to Tobes, "It makes me feel... adoration and love, and... safe and secure. Like I'll never be alone." Ahem. "And the last one..."

Oh, this one was hard to verbalize. Could she... check out of explaining it? Would anyone notice? No, everyone was looking at her, so she had to press on and tried to seem very calm about it, "Makes me feel comforted. Supported. Like... people believe in me and... I can count on them, and I know I wouldn't be who I am today without my people. S'very reassuring." There was a bit deeper meaning than that, but... vague was good. Very good.