View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 05:00 AM   #25 (permalink)
Tazenhani
Special Services to the School

DMLE & DoM
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amur Neverwinter
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rhydian "Wolf" Blackhold

Ministry RPG Name:
Coby Greer
~ Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs become Lions ~

SPOILER!!: I will remind Sabel to keep it light and tread carefully
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
By all accounts, Lex was being civilized, perhaps even more civilized than the situation warranted. Of course she no longer held it against Sabel how he'd stormed out the way he did--acting more like a child than he accused her of being--but that didn't mean she wanted to talk to him either, not if he was going to be so sensitive about absolutely everything they ended up talking about.

Alexa didn't keep sentimental friends--save for Cassia but the former snake had learned AGES ago to keep her sentimentality to herself. She didn't make it a habit of interacting with people that took everything seriously either and perhaps that was one of the saving graces that allowed her to get along well with her cousin; the other young woman simply refused to take life and people too seriously.

Lex barely spared him a glance when he silently took the seat next to her, figuring that a conversation could happen when he picked a topic. Merlin knew everything SHE picked seemed to be sensitive stuff. In that same breath, she was prepared to ignore him if he tried having them talk it through. If he wanted to talk about his feelings there were qualified Healers that dealt with that sort of stuff down in the atrium. "I've noticed." She muttered at his comment about doing things he shouldn't. "And as much as I approve of such a thing, it doesn't help you."

Lex properly side eyed him when he leaned closer but decided against being difficult. This was an easy enough topic. What could possibly go wrong? "Can't get them done during the day and taking them home makes no sense because I have business classes most evenings, so..." She gestured toward the quill and parchments. "might as well get them over with now while I've got some free time."

Sabel couldn't help but chuckle. Oh the truth she spoke. "No, it usually doesn't." Now, before, in the future. It was rarely a helpful quality.

Seemed to be working relatively okay at the moment, but he wasn't about to count his owls before they hatched. His eyes drifted up from her papers to look at her curiously. "You take business classes?"

Was this the same Alexa he had dueled? The one that had just said she didn't want to push papers in the Minister's department? Perhaps she was planning on starting up her own security, auror or hit wizard business if the MLE didn't pan out. That was a slightly terrifying thought.

"I think it's great, but can I ask, what for?" Really, he was curious. Business to him seemed rather dull. Then again, his horizon for a future career had always been narrow and limited. What exactly did Auror's think of doing when they didn't want to, or couldn't be Auror's any more? Damien had turned private contractor, and Tate, well he had never been an Auror, but he had turned Headmaster. What would Alexa do?

"Did you want a hand?" Not sure how much he could help, but he could try to be helpful. Then again, she might refuse on account of how helpful he was last time he offered.

_______________________________________You've never seen it look so easy.