View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 04:28 AM   #68 (permalink)
AmbiguouslyMe

SA & DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Eden sipped her hot cocoa for the first time of the interview because she had rambled out all of her nerves, finally. It was cool, though, so that a plus. It was quite good. She had actually never gotten a hot cocoa from here...always just butterbeer...

It seemed he was quiet now. Hmph. But--oh? Did SHE have any questions?

HMMMMM.

Eden thought for a few seconds and opened her mouth---and then shut it. Hmph. "Well-I guess--I mean--I'd like to make sure--well--I mean--" she leaned forward slightly. Iwin's letter was RINGING in her head. "The sanctuary is perfectly legal in every aspect, right? And nothing sketchy going on--or anything? No experimental breeding?" she asked, getting those kinds of questions out of the way first. And then--"How many days will interns work? What's the policy for sick days? Are we allowed days off? How long are the work days?" Maybe she had overlooked things on the flier...who knew. EH.
Tiberius had flipped closed his notebook and had looked away very briefly, but his eyebrow quirked at her question and he looked up a bit surprised. He supposed it made sense. The sanctuary was new and unscrupulous breeding was certainly a thing. But not at Colchester.

He shook his head in response to her question. "Everything is on the up-and-up. I'd be happy to show you or your family," because Tiberius did question whether this concern was coming entirely from the girl "all our documentation and permits." He did smile to make sure that she knew that her question was not ill-received. It was good due diligence on her part to ask.

But as for her hours... "I think your work schedule will be largely up to what you're hoping to do. My hope would be that you'd be at the sanctuary at least the equivalent of three full 8-hour work days each week. We can talk about how to split that up, whether you want to pick three days you're there the whole time or if you want to do weekday mornings or whatever makes the most sense for you. And if you have other summer plans like campus visits, we can work around them." He sipped his cocoa, his face making it clear that he was puzzling through something in his head. "As far as sick days, if you're ill, don't come. Just give as much notice as you can, even if that's the night before saying that you're not sure." Because someone would likely need to pick up at least some of her work that day.

"My family lives on the grounds, so I can be somewhat flexible with the start and end times." The benefits of seeing your workplace from your kitchen window. Of course, who knew what the baby's sleep schedule would be come July...

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time