View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 06:50 AM   #61 (permalink)
kayquilz
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE & DIMC
Granian

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Roman Gellar
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Toros
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jessica Tomás
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Scott Ferguson
Law Enforcement
x4 x1
A Poop * k8 *

SPOILER!!: Tiberius
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Tiberius watched her closely, picking up on the nerves. He certainly wouldn't hold them against her. He nodded as she spoke, making mental note of some of the highlights.

"Herpetology? Interesting." He leaned forward to jot that bit down on his pad. He found it promising that she already had a specialty in mind, even if it wasn't his own or that of the sanctuary. He thought it showed a commitment, rather than just the desire to play with cute endangered birds for a summer.

He smiled as she pulled the notebook out. "Ravenclaw House, correct?" He thought that's what he'd seen on her scores, but wanted to confirm. Wanting to know all the things... that was another good sign. He caught her blush and wondered if there was something he could do to put her more at ease... this wasn't supposed to be an intimidating experience. "Would you like a pumpkin juice or a cocoa or.." he hesitated before adding "or a butterbeer?" He was still working on being able to be around people drinking them so closely, but, well, he supposed now was as good a time as any.

"I'd like to hear more about that pets you care for."

"Well--yes--" and she thought she'd answer his 'what pets you care for' question, too, while she expanded on her herpetology interest. "You see, I have two snakes--" she held up two fingers--as if he couldn't COUNT--and then quickly put her hand down. Ooooops. "And--one is a corn snake--I got her first, the summer before last, and I fell so completely in love with the animals that...I decided I wanted to know more about them. And in learning all about them..I found another type of snake I wanted...a bush viper--now, I don't know how much you know about snakes?" she asked, kind of, because she didn't want him to think she thought he was DUMB, but she didn't want to not explain herself so..."But..they're very venomous and require a license...so...I went out, studied, and got my snake handling license this past summer." She kind of felt...proud after explaining all of that because...wow. She really did have something she was good at? She was good with her snakes.

She actually--yeah--she pulled out the pictures in her little wallet of her with her two snakes that someone had taken--probably Clara, or BB..."That's Daisy--the orange one--and that's Drago--the scaly one." She smiled. "I actually one another, but not yet--not until I graduate." For...reasons, yeah.

And..now that she was on about her babies--she felt much more at ease. She thought about his offer of drink..."Actually, hot cocoa sounds really nice--" she got out her money to...pay because..she didn't know the protocol for this at all. "And yes, Ravenclaw." If he couldn't tell....heh.

"I also have a crup...but I'm a bit more invested in my snakes, to be honest." She admitted. Though she did LOVE Luigi and when she was home, the crup slept with her...but still.

Roman Gellar ● 1st Year ● Slytherin