View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 04:06 AM   #60 (permalink)
AmbiguouslyMe

SA & DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hazel Martin-Pryce
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Denny De Palma

Ministry RPG Name:
Nicky Iver

Diagon Alley Employee:
Scout MacIntyre
Daily Prophet Reporter
x4
Granddaddy Ravenclaw | | Jermione Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Eden nodded. Tiberius. What an interesting name. Sounded all prestigious and whatnot. She smiled, still, and sat down, brushing her dress under her as she sat so she could be more comfortable.

"Well--um--" Iwin told her not to say 'um' or 'uh.' Ugh. That would be hard, because she was so nervous and felt so stuttery right now! "Well..I, you know...love animals." Ahem. Wasn't that obvious, Eden? "I have quite a few pets...and..I want to go to school for Creatures...so...I think this would be such a good experience for me-" and now that she was talking, she wasn't.....TOO HARD? "And I kind of have a thing for herpetology-" she assumed Tiberius would know what that was. "But I want to expand my horizons--and I've done a ton of research on snidgets--" she pulled a notebook out of her backpack and held it up, smiling meekly. "And I think they're so interesting--and I don't know--I just want to learn all the things--" Was....that weird? It was weird. Eden blushed.

She felt like she was a bumbling baboon.

Ugh.

"But--you know-I--" she took a deep breath. "I think it'd be fun and a learning experience and I like snidgets from I know about them......"
Tiberius watched her closely, picking up on the nerves. He certainly wouldn't hold them against her. He nodded as she spoke, making mental note of some of the highlights.

"Herpetology? Interesting." He leaned forward to jot that bit down on his pad. He found it promising that she already had a specialty in mind, even if it wasn't his own or that of the sanctuary. He thought it showed a commitment, rather than just the desire to play with cute endangered birds for a summer.

He smiled as she pulled the notebook out. "Ravenclaw House, correct?" He thought that's what he'd seen on her scores, but wanted to confirm. Wanting to know all the things... that was another good sign. He caught her blush and wondered if there was something he could do to put her more at ease... this wasn't supposed to be an intimidating experience. "Would you like a pumpkin juice or a cocoa or.." he hesitated before adding "or a butterbeer?" He was still working on being able to be around people drinking them so closely, but, well, he supposed now was as good a time as any.

"I'd like to hear more about that pets you care for."

Has anyone ever sung you a lullaby?
You can fly above the rain clouds
Close your eyes
Let the melody carry you
Leave all your fears behind

You can float across a rainbow sky
to once upon a time

Last edited by AmbiguouslyMe; 03-09-2015 at 04:16 AM.