View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 06:39 PM   #75 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShine View Post
Cosgrach nodded at what Toby said. That was true as well, although the potion also had regulatory effect when used over a long time. It was up to the drinker - use well and it helped, use badly and it made things worse.

He kept silent, shifted in his seat, and didn't ask further when Toby insisted it was merely interesting. For now, Cosgrach would forget about what Sophie had hinted at and try to look like he believed Toby. He DID believe the boy, by the way. He just wasn't convinced of the reason behind this interest. Toby's smile was one of those contagious ones, though, so when the kid did that, the man really forgot about his personal opinion and smiled a little back.

"The potions that regulate feelings towards people tend to get stronger over time," he said, "so for this one, one should take more and regularly. However, the 'more' is also tricky, because every person is different and like we said, it's a dangerous potion as the dose gets higher." He wanted to ask Toby if he needed help with it, but this was a purely academical conversation.

Keep your face neutral, Culloden.
As he listened, Toby nodded slowly and deliberately, thinking hard about the topic. For a very brief moment he thought about mentioning to Culloden exactly what he was up to, because who better to talk it through with? Culloden was literally a Potions Master. Buuuuuuut then the moment passed, and Toby decided against it quite emphatically. In fact, now that he had a little more info, it might be better to get off the subject, in case he said too much. Luckily, Toby was a well-practiced pro at diverting conversations, though he wasn't nearly as subtle about it as he liked to believe he was.

"That makes sense," he said, and smiled again. "I'll keep that in mind, for my reading and stuff."

With that, Toby reached into his pocket and pulled out a folded up piece of parchment that had seen better days. He kept hold of it and just fiddled with it as he moved briskly on to the next topic of conversation. "There was something else too, Professor. D'you remember last year? With the Un-Felix Un-Felicis thing? You sent a note about brewing a potion with you, and I took a rain check on it 'til after my OWLs." Just refreshing his memory a little. As he spoke, Toby gestured to the parchment now in his hand, the very letter he was talking about. And the subject was changed, just like that.

You are Chocolate!