View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #74 (permalink)
StarShine
Special Services to the School

DoM
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mona Deandra Hellmann
Gryffindor
First Year
x5 x6
Default Kevin sandwiched between two nice students and it's funny XD
¼ of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pls

Text Cut: Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
It seemed like Professor Cilloden might be a little confused, but bless his little heart he was still going along with the whole thing and being lovely as ever. Maybe he knew how nuts some class activities could be even though they were a lot of fun.

When he asked her what his future held, Lux ran her finger down the page until she reached the entry for a Major Cycle of the number eight. "It says you will get money, possibly from inheritance. It also says that instead of retiring, you will choose to be the boss until you die." So that was nothing bad really. At least he would be doing potion making for a while longer which was awesome.

Was he going to ask her to leave now? Because she kind of wanted to talk to him a little longer. The man was good company and he was really helpful. Besides it wasn't like she wouldnt have time to finish her class work.

Y'know, Cosgrach would grin from ear to ear, but he was decent enough to hold himself. He didn't want Lux to think he loved money or something. He didn't, really. But he didn't not like it either. And that he would be THE boss... well, he didn't try hiding his relief, either.

"This is great then," he said with a grin, "thank you." Excuse his somewhat dreamy expression, Lux, he was merely imagining how he'd be THE boss.

Text Cut: Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckyLinJi View Post
He had been happy, or whatever he had been feeling, it had been a good feeling but the man was shouting and snapping too much right now that it made him frown. “Well, WHAT-E-VER” he snapped back, starting to feel even more annoyed than usual, the happiness he was feeling started to fade away and he sat on the chair near the coffee table. He slumped down in the chair and crossed his arms over each other as he glared at the wall. And when the Professor offered him some water he GLARED at the mug. “You think I’m stupid? I’m not drinking anything you give me!” his tone was annoyed and he even swatted the mug away.

And then the explanation on why he had to identify himself was finally being said and Kevin winced in disgust at the sweet tone. “Stop with that stupid tone, it’s annoying” he snapped before he could control himself. “And you really think that I! can be imperius’ed?” he laughed humourless this time as he shifted in the supposedly comfortable armchair but he couldn’t find a comfortable position to sit so he jumped up from the chair and kicked it. “Stupid chair” he then turned to the Professor “and DON’T take points away, I’s not my fault your chair is freaking annoying and stupid” yes.

Huh.

???????

Was Kevin SHOUTING at him???????

Cosgrach frowned, hit the mug on his desk, and glared at Kevin without sitting down. Why didn't the kid drink something he gave, hmm? He wasn't going to poison him - Kevin HIMSELF had just done that! He had stupidly eaten so much candy that it was having a reverse effect now, and Cosgrach was thoroughly amused, but he also didn't like the tone KEVIN was using.

Hehe. Hehehe. Kevin was properly annoyed, wasn't he? HEHEHE. Cosgrach didn't hide the snicker, but tried to compose himself when Kevin hit the chair. Y'know, forget Zander - this was even better fun. All he had to do was provoking Kevin, who was under the effect of a potion anyway. HEHEHE. He'd just found his weekend entertainment.

"You stop with your tone, or we'll have a niiiiiice detention," he said somewhat angrily, folded his arms and started waiting for Kevin's reaction CURIOUSLY.

Text Cut: Toby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"I suppose trickier still if you have mood problems, right?" Toby replied, looking imploringly at Culloden. "Makes things a little harder to control." That was the impression he'd got, anyway, from general knowledge and also casual discussions with Healers and reading and everything. Over the past year or two the whole topic had become pretty intriguing to him. If Toby wasn't so hell bent on a Quidditch career, and if he had a properly academic mind, it might have been a topic he'd have went on to study at University. But as it was... nope. Just a casual interest.

"I... uhh..." Hm. How best to answer? "Yeah, I guess so. I just find it interesting, y'know?" Which was a half truth, at least. Toby smiled at the professor as he drummed his fingers on the arm of the chair. There was another pause, before he continued oh-so-casually. "So... so would this elixir get stronger if you leave it for longer? Or just if you take more?" .......... "Just wondering, I mean." He really was quite intent on not provoking any sort of concern from Culloden. Merlin knew he hated to do that, and yet it was happening more often than he'd like at the moment. Hence his constant reassurances that this was all 'just out of curiosity', though that was not entirely true.

More smiles. In Toby's experience, though maybe not with his parents (or one in particular), smiling seemed to reassure people and stop them from worrying or whatever. Smiling was a great tool, Tobias had always known that.

Cosgrach nodded at what Toby said. That was true as well, although the potion also had regulatory effect when used over a long time. It was up to the drinker - use well and it helped, use badly and it made things worse.

He kept silent, shifted in his seat, and didn't ask further when Toby insisted it was merely interesting. For now, Cosgrach would forget about what Sophie had hinted at and try to look like he believed Toby. He DID believe the boy, by the way. He just wasn't convinced of the reason behind this interest. Toby's smile was one of those contagious ones, though, so when the kid did that, the man really forgot about his personal opinion and smiled a little back.

"The potions that regulate feelings towards people tend to get stronger over time," he said, "so for this one, one should take more and regularly. However, the 'more' is also tricky, because every person is different and like we said, it's a dangerous potion as the dose gets higher." He wanted to ask Toby if he needed help with it, but this was a purely academical conversation.

Keep your face neutral, Culloden.