Thread: The Buffet
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 05:19 PM   #69 (permalink)
Steelsheen

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Vincenzo "Vickers" Vanderbilt

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Ysadore Corveena Roa
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Default wrapping up? continue this elsewhere? VM me :3
Ability is nothing without Opportunity | | Creativity is Intelligence having FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post

It was interesting to see how even after a couple years of leaving Hogwarts people were still similar to the people they used to be. Take Vickers for instance, he didn't want to take her to any dangerous creatures back then and he seemed just as opposed to it now. "Well I mean that can work too. We'll run into trouble anyway, no need to push it." Yet. Plenty of time for near death experiences in her current field and she looked forward to each and every one of them. "Mundane creatures? Are we travelling around the Muggle world?" Important to know when planning.

"And I sure have. Searched the Amazon with Cassia, spent a week or something with Lottie in New York and went to Romania with Aidan for the dragons--got to sponsor one too so now I technically own one." Best thing EVER. Shame they wouldn't let her take the egg home with her though.

Oh? "You're working on a thesis thing too? Lou's doing that on some good looking rich guy. Says she's almost done then she'll be full fledged and all that. What's your thesis on?" But then....was it just her or was Vickers getting a little....weird.... "You know, stuff. Stuff that people say. Stuff. Are you better now?" Just curious.
"Well I wouldnt quite put it as mundane... but yes perhaps somethings Muggles might be more familiar with.... since I was thinking of signing up with a tour group. However if you're really that well travelled, maybe we can go with for the less beaten path." Seems like Lex was ready for anything.

With each of Lex' recounting Vickers looked more impressed. He didnt recognize any of the names she mentioned-- friends of hers she probably had after he left-- except one "Oh Lottie! Why yes, how is she? And you both went to New York? Aww it wouldve been nice to have seen you both in my neck of the woods." Instead of him always being on theirs.

Now what was his thesis about?.... He always found it a challenge to explain it where he doesnt send the listener to sleep "Its uhh.... complex." Yeah like that helps "Its like... you know that Piertotum Locomotor spell and its effects on armor? Its a bit like that... kinda?.. No not really." He could try to say big damn robots but thats also an oversimplification.

Peculiar looks at you Lex. "'Stuff people say'.... what like rumors?" Vickers gave a tiny shrug of his shoulder. He's a nobody, his Professor from back there didnt even remember him leading half his class in a dragon egg activity. "Well you know what they say about rumormongers Lex. And yes I'm ok, always had been." Well ok maybe not quite, he had a scar on the side of his head he couldnt remember where it came from, but is it worth mentioning to Lex? Nah, she'd probably just laugh at such a scratch.

Yeah thats what crazy is, when its broken you say theres nothing to fix++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++And you pray that everything will be okay, while you're making all the same mistakes