Thread: The Lounge
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #57 (permalink)
SilverTiger

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinn-O-Bun View Post
Gregory smiled at her and part of him wished that she would smile back. It seemed like she never smiled. Well obviously she had before but at least then he would have known she liked him back. SIIIIIIIIIGH. None the less he was still going to try. "Hmm if not bored than what then," he said with a grin glancing around the room. Seemed pretty boring to him anyway.

He laughed as she said it wouldn't be easier. "Well I have already done that so...wouldn't be any more difficult either." Hmm where'd she get the drink he could use one. Maybe he should've walked to the food first. "You're welcome," he said quietly and smiled. She really was gorgeous. "How's your daughter doing?" Next time he came over he was bringing a gift for her. Yup. Was going to happen. Well, if there was a next time. Maybe he was getting a bit ahead of himself.
Things were awkward. Amethyst knew that, just as much as she knew there was no way Gregory could have known exactly why it was awkward. It was all on her, but then, she didn’t think it was right to just outright tell him that she’d been in a relationship with a coworker before and it had ended badly. He knew she had a daughter, but not how Jemma had come to exist and honestly, she felt more comfortable not getting into that. Especially since she knew it would have been oh-so-easy for parker to decide he wanted to work for the Ministry again, if a different one than they’d worked for before. It was simpler to just keep everything more casual, not worrying about what might happen. “Just observing. Working up my courage to introduce myself to the new Minister and anyone else I might find myself working for or with,” she responded lightly, taking another sip of her wine.

She’d noticed the woman at the place of honor next to the new Minister, after all, and that she was decidedly not Gavin. It only piqued her curiosity, but first she’d laughed softly at his little quip. “True enough, but I feel my point still stands as well.” She’d found her way here on her own safe enough, after all. She wasn’t weak, and she felt she’d proven already that she didn’t need a man to do things for her. Another moment of surprise occurred as he’d asked about Jemma, though. It seemed he was accomplishing that much too easily. “Jemma’s well. She’s back at home, likely irritating her uncle with pretending to be Merida,” she answered, amused at the thought. But then, Léo was just as likely to play along.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero