Thread: The Buffet
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 04:25 PM   #61 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

SPOILER!!: Vickers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
Whoah wait Chimaeras? Vickers' icy blues grew large. He wouldnt want to go waltzing into a Chimaeras' domain, and he wasnt about to put Lex in harm's way either. Lex putting him in harm's way is another matter altogether though and likely what would actually happen.

"Nnn-no, no Chimaeras..." Vickers replied suddenly flustered "aa-at least I hope we wont come across one. Just you know... creatures. In their natural habitat-- without them ever knowing we're around." he added half smiling. Merlin he had forgotten how Gryffindor Lex was.

"So you've been seeing the world? Thats good!" he smiled genuinely this time "Where have you gone? What have you seen?" maybe they have overlapped on a few things where he travelled for his Uni studies. And if not... well, at least this Ravenclaw can live vicariously through this Gryffindor's stories.

How has he been? "I'm ok..... finishing my Uni thesis, getting a job at Transportation, you know.... just the usual Hogwarts grad joining the workforce." he chuckled. She's heard things about him? He looked at her, slightly flustered and mostly bemused. "What kind of things?" he was a Ravenerd, guys like him was hardly remembered much less be the stuff of things to talk about.

It was interesting to see how even after a couple years of leaving Hogwarts people were still similar to the people they used to be. Take Vickers for instance, he didn't want to take her to any dangerous creatures back then and he seemed just as opposed to it now. "Well I mean that can work too. We'll run into trouble anyway, no need to push it." Yet. Plenty of time for near death experiences in her current field and she looked forward to each and every one of them. "Mundane creatures? Are we travelling around the Muggle world?" Important to know when planning.

"And I sure have. Searched the Amazon with Cassia, spent a week or something with Lottie in New York and went to Romania with Aidan for the dragons--got to sponsor one too so now I technically own one." Best thing EVER. Shame they wouldn't let her take the egg home with her though.

Oh? "You're working on a thesis thing too? Lou's doing that on some good looking rich guy. Says she's almost done then she'll be full fledged and all that. What's your thesis on?" But then....was it just her or was Vickers getting a little....weird.... "You know, stuff. Stuff that people say. Stuff. Are you better now?" Just curious.

SPOILER!!: Tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davvy_Wavvy View Post
Tyler grunted. That was response enough to her right? Blondie was here too..they were ALL here. He folded his arms and looked over all the faces. They seemed to know each other...everyone knew each other. That just confirmed one thing to him....and he sighed.

"What is this a Hogwarts reunion?" Did they have someone on the in that just saved spots for you if you left Hogwarts and wanted to become an auror? Did no one from the other schools aspire to fight crime for this government?

Not very pleasant was he? Not that Lex could remember him ever being pleasant. Always that one guy that whined against the school in his own country in favour of some bloody foreigners. The day Dax got like that, she'd string him up personally. Luckily her cousin had the balance thing right.

"You might say that, yeah." Hogwarts kids tended to stay in their country when finding work, sue them. "This is the British Ministry afterall so it'd be convenient for most of us that leave Hogwarts. Why go work in another country when we live and went to school here?" Not like those other people. Live in Norway, go to school in Norway, then your butt better stay in Norway instead of clogging things up here and making it difficult for others. That went double for those prissy Beauxbaton Alumni.

SPOILER!!: Simon and Sabel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Simon listened as Alexa had some very strong interest in what he himself had to say about his job. There was the offer of help and assistance and the man stayed quiet for a moment as if considering it. "We shall see..." he finally said, figuring it couldn't hurt to stay positive while not making any promises. They really would see. He already knew he wanted to still help Jory out so why couldn't he be able to do so with the young woman as well.

As for Sabel and his convict status..."No...not really," he answered about his overall demeanor. Sabel had his wild shriek as well as every Gryffindor had in some degree.

---------------------------------------

Oh look...another YATI. Yet it wasn't as if Tyler was someone to look forward to seeing. At least the younger man was behaving and actually not saying very much. A change of his usual banter.

As for Sophie...why had he never known about the little tidbit of her father being an auror before. Or had she and he was just forgetting it at the moment? Simon supposed it didn't matter. "Yes indeed it is." It was trained into them from the get-go and from the early trainee to the retired Mr. Connelly it was remembered.

"Well we spent some time away in the country." We meaning him and Angelina of course. "How about you?"

-----------------------------------------

A wish that wasn't to be granted.

Because just as Alexa introduced Genevieve to their mutual coworker, the auror broke Sabel's cover wide open with one sentence. And yes, Simon caught the look she sent his friend though she didn't do anything to him for following along. So much for them playing around with the new trainee which had been amusing while it lasted. Oh well. They would still have plenty to work with given the young woman seemed to have a lot to learn about dealing with criminals.

Certainly not people to learn tricks from.

Simon wasn't sure what to do now that the gig was up. Well other then perhaps returning to their regulary scheduled behavior. He did watch as Sabel acted repentant towards Alexa perhaps in hopes the truth wouldn't be answered too badly. The security man himself sipped on his drink and retrieved a casual bite to eat to look downright innocent of the whole thing. He was only following along okay.

Although there was the reaction of Alexa that bother him...the downfall of her excitement at the whole situation. That was a harsh response. Biggest disappointment of her young life? She was back being totally dramatic it seemed. "My apologies, Miss Cambridge," he offered to be somewhat polite about it.

No hard feelings...hmm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazenhani View Post

Ah, so she hadn't heard his little tall tale? Good. It hadn't been meant for so many ears, but he supposed that's what happened when a big mouth like his got into a crowded space. Good grief wasn't it a mess?

Sabel offered the woman a polite smile. "I do, as an Auror. And yourself?" More importantly. "How is that flavor?" Cause even though he had served it to her, punch should never be that green.

SPOILER!!: Tyler and Annabelle

From the corner of his eyes, Sabel caught sight of yet more people approaching the table. The guy didn't seemed too pleased about life, or perhaps he simply didn't enjoy the crowded food table. Sabel was starting to sympathize with that notion. There were just so many people, and so many voices.

And a woman shifting her position, her facial expression one of concern to cause concern. Sabel's brow twitched in a frown. None of his business.

SPOILER!!: Alexa XD and Simon

This, on the other hand. Just....this.

At first, Sabel could understand her frustration. Sure, it hadn't been the nicest trick to play but he hadn't in a million years been expecting such an enthusiastic reaction. Even then, he had played along a little, wondering if she had been pulling his leg too. Apparently, that wasn't the case and all good-mood-feels of the joke vanished when it became obvious that her fanatics were legit.

She almost looked up to him? For being a criminal? No. No he had said ex-con. Maybe that was what she had meant, that she appreciated the ability of someone like that to change.

But her next words had that hope dying where it grew. Biggest disappointment of her young life? Oogled him?! One with a face like his. That, made him laugh. A single, loud bark. He simply couldn't help it and covering his mouth to hold it in came too late. Unlike Simon's tempered approach, Sabel didn't wasn't as good with the immediate management of his expressions or putting that filter in front of his mouth. He appreciated his friend playing along, and had no hard feelings for him backing out with grace. But this, this was just out of hand.

Where did this kid get these delusions? And how in Merlin's beard had she gotten hired as a YATI with them? There had to be a good reason, or an oversight.

But was this really the place to deliver a lecture, or a lesson? Or call her out in front of her new co-workers and ministry workers? It was called an orientation for a reason, but it was also a first meeting and what each of them did here would set the stage for their relationship in the days and months ahead. And he would not do what teachers and mentors loved most to do to their new recruits. So, Sabel schooled his irritation and disbelief, and reminded himself that he had been a fool-headed Gryffindor when he had first started out at the MLE too. Just a different type of fool-headed. Hot-headed and confrontational, where as this one was just too much of an eager beaver. That would need addressing later. For now...

Shaking his head, Sabel lowered his hand and poked himself. "Not real? I certainly feel real." Would she like a poke too? Just to convince herself? "I am sorry for pulling the wool over your eyes, Miss Cambridge."

At least he still had some brownie points with her? Just not as many as being a criminal would have given him. Strange girl. So very strange. Scratching his chin, Sabel considered the girl and his next choice of words, reminding himself not to turn this into a scene. He wasn't a child anymore. He had to try to act like an adult. Saying anything that was on his mind would only tarnish the night for the girl further, and that was no way to start a new career.

"I don't know that I can find a criminal for you." Not besides the one in the making he was looking at right now. "But perhaps I can offer you a dance at some point this evening, instead?"

He could already see the neon sign flashing above his head: Criminal, yes. Fake criminal, hell no.

Lex was still looking between the two. Jokes were one thing, but crushing a girl's dreams the moment she entered the Ministry? Was that how they got their kicks? She could only imagine.

'Least they were decent enough to apologize after, not something she'd have done considering she usually meant what she did and if that was the case apologizing was only a formal lie; still, it was good on them. "Lex." She corrected. If they were going to be working together 'Miss Cambridge' was gonna get old real fast. "You guys can just call me Lex. Shorter, saves you the trouble, builds rapport, whatever you wanna say."

Unless they were adamant about formalities in this place? Merlin she hoped not.

At Sabel's gesture of a poke, Lex poked him too. "Yeah, you're real, real fake." She could feel him and he was standing there in fact but he was standing there as an Auror and not at all an ex-convict. Guess what that made you Sir. Fake.

Then he said he couldn't find her a criminal. They...worked in MLE....they had lock up cells...how could he not get her a criminal? Lex might have challenged this if not for the offer of a dance. Alexa glanced over at the dance floor for a moment while she considered before turning to him again. "Alright, doesn't quite make up for it but it's a start." GRIN.

Hazel eyes fell next on Simon. "And what will you offer me?" Patrols? Yes? YES?

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.