Thread: The Buffet
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 03:24 AM   #55 (permalink)
natethegreat

DMLE & DoM
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Archie O'Brien
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Selene Latimer
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Gethin Hughes
Mysteries
Default A bit of everyone

SPOILER!!: Alana
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeshieRAWR View Post

O____________________________o

What.

Alana jolted once again as the girl screamed loudly at her with a blaring HIIII and she rubbed her ear for a couple seconds afterwards. She HAD said hi. Was this girl crazy? Obviously. She had to be.

W-wait. Did she just say pest control? Alana couldn't help but try to stifle a laugh because how could she control pests if she was one herself? Oooh, burn. "Alana Ritter. An unspeakable at dee department ov Mysteries." She said, holding out a hand for the girl to shake. "And vat do you do at dee pest control?" Did she really want the girl to know? Eh.

Spirit was definitely something to have in all lines of work, at least that's what Alana thought. Hopefully this girl didn't have too much spirit or else Alana felt bad for Lex's co-workers. "'M also very excited to get started. I hav yet to meet someone who I vill be vorking vith. It seems like only MLE people are here." She said, looking around them.

Contract? Alana never had signed a contract or had made an unbreakable vow...yet, but she wouldn't let Lex know that. The more mysterious the better, right? Or maybe she just liked messing with the younger girl. Heh. "Somezing like zat." She smiled. Her next question though got her stumped and she simply shrugged. "Zat is top secret too."

So she was right.

Alana laughed a little as Carol said she was an instruction leaflet. "Vell zat is the only zing you're going on. You haven't vorked yet so zat is vats in your mind." She nodded. Alana didn't really have an entire idea of what is was going to be like working as a charmist, but she hoped it would be fun. "'M not allowed to say vat my job is, I'm an unspeakable." She nodded. "It is cool though...I hope." She smiled.

"So do you liv here, in London? I just moved from Germany to here."

Alana continued sipping at her deep orange punch out of her crystal goblet when she heard someone say something to her right. She turned to see another woman with extravagant hair looking at the food.

"How is dee vine? I zink dee punch is a leetle too citrus-y for me."
She said, in her German accent.

Alana turned to grab some more of the chicken sliders and watched a younger girl seem to debate on what to have. "Dee chicken sliders are very delicious. I recommend those...and maybe ze deep orange punch. I have yet to try ze vine, but I zink I might have to." She said, giving her a small smile.

Turning at the voice of someone asking a question Annabelle noticed a blonde woman (Alana) standing next to her. She had a German accent. "The wine is marvelous." She told the other woman. "The names Annabelle by the way. New Personal Assistant and Liaison in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement." Giving a nod to the lady.

How lovely, Annabelle was already meeting a new person, and the nights barely even got started! Surely there would be more people to meet. Speaking of which...

Annabelle noticed a rather large group at the buffet table as well. Most of them seemed to be MLE workers. And...what's this talk about...a convict!? Ermmmm....this didn't seem so safe. Even though they would surely out number the person...but still...why would you bring a convict to a Ministry Orientation?? This didn't seem right to Annabelle. Something smelled fishy here, and it wasn't the delicious smoked salmon either. Taking a small step closer she couldn't help but lean a bit of an ear into the conversation.

Though, with her training in stealth Annabelle repositioned herself so she was still facing the woman she was talking to. Her body and head was facing towards her, but her one ear was lined up with the group so that way she could hear the conversation better. If needed, she could possibly use her Metamorphmagus abilities to fake being a Daily Prophet Journalist who just so happened to overhear the conversation, and would like some more information.

Maybe...just maybe...

... MISUNDERSTOOD ... DILIGENT ... SECRETIVE ...