Thread: The Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 01:45 AM   #158 (permalink)
ChanceCoeur

DMC
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Farah C Dubey
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chance Coeur
Magical Creatures
x5
Let your light shine || Be the sun || You're important. Always.

SPOILER!!: Nicky
Quote:
Originally Posted by isSeeker View Post
Nicole blushed at Chance's reply and smiled. She wanted to be as friendly and hugging as him, but it was difficult to do so when most of her friends were books. She liked the current her, but sometimes wished she was an average twelve-year-old girl.

She grinned at her new nickname. She had only allowed her friend Adi to address her as 'Nicky', but guessed it was okay for others to call her by that too. "Catch, Chance!" she said, reaching for a chocolate chip cookie. She tossed it lightly at Chance, hoping he would catch it successfully. She paused in her track when she heard what he had said. "You mean boiling water, which is actually a good thing in the kitchen," the girl corrected him, but a smile stretched across her face at the thought of making an apple cobbler. "But yes, let's do it. I'm not an expert in the kitchen either, but I think Toddles here is," Nicole gestured at the house elf. They could certainly get his help!

She nodded approvingly as the Gryffindor talked politely to Toddles. "Yeah, I think it would be helpful," she agreed. "Though i don't know when it would be of use, since I have never seen anybody cook using magic." Her mother, who did most cooking, was a muggle, and of course did not use magic in the kitchen.

Then an idea popped up in Nicole's mind. She reached down for her bag, then opened it up and began rummaging in it. Soon, she found the book she was looking for and pulled it out. "I know this might sound strange, but I happen to have a recipe book in my bag," she said while she flipped over to the index of the book. Apple cobbler...

She was blushing. It was cute. Chance nudged her with his shoulder and grinned at her. He was going to point out the obvious and let her in on the fact that she was blushing, but he decided against it. She didnt seem like one that really took hugs too often.

He was about to ask her what really often did around Hogwarts when she started talking about the apple cobbler again. Ohhhh, he shouldnt have brought it up. She was going to make fun of him for forever. This was not going t be a good thing!

"Oh right, water boiling. You cant burn water?" he asked Nicole with a grin. He knew you couldnt... possibly. It evaporated right? Poof! Gone! "And you have a cookbook in your backpack?" The look he gave her was wide eyed. The wasnt what people usually kept in there back pack. "What else do you have in there?" He asked leaning around her and looking into the bag. He laughed and opened it further. She probably had everything you could imagine in there plus books. Lots of books.

"Like to read?" Chance asked Nicole with a grin. He liked to enjoy a book on occasion but this was taking it to a whole new level. It was actually sorta cute. "Youll have to hang out with me more Nic. Thats it. Books are cool, but Im more awesome." More awesome.... was the even how you said that? Maybe he needed to read more....

"Ill tell you what. You hang with me more, and we can study and Ill even read more. Its a win/win situation." He said with another grin. Grabbing the cookbook, he flipped it to the apple cobbler page and twirled a spatula in his hand. "Okay. so.... whats first?"

Farah Dubey Seventh Year Hufflepuff