View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 05:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
lazykitty

DMLE & DMAC
Ramora

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kalie Carter-Hope Gellar
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Ronan Victor Carter
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Alfred Ludovic Devereaux
Accidents & Catastrophes
x7 x4
Dem Carters | even 🕊🕊 have pride | | Expecto PAWtronum 🐈 | U-NA-GI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post
Alright, this had gone far enough.

Simon wasn't about to stand around silent any longer as the woman bashed his character like that was the purpose of this gathering. He also wasn't going to give her the benefit of seeing him lose his emotions so he took a discrete deep breath to gather himself before speaking up. "What she means is I oversee the wand-weighers," he remarked calmly. " They and the welcome wizards are still very much in existance and do a fine job. Something every candidate should know of course," he added looking to all of them gathered out of politeness before adding, "what exactly makes up the entity they wish to take leadership of. " Because they would be default boss and should know its employees and structure.

"But then if you had truly done your research, you would know the incident you speak off with the reporter involved the man nearly breaking statute. And that He attacked me as I sought to keep him from doing so not I attacking him." And really where had she gotten her information as she hadn't been there and it hadn't been made record? " So how can one moment you be against the actions to keep our world safe and the next be accusing Ms. Browne," yes he was going formal, " of not doing all that was needed to keep the muggles from our temporary office ? Both times you obviously being completely unaware of the entire circumstances." And yes Roxanne, I believe I've figured out your problem with the department.

"As to the chizpurfle incident and the illness, yes they should have been controlled from other departments. One of them being the very department you used to lead," Environment and creatures should have both had a hand in helping out.Yet she hadn't any more then Harmony really.
"Well, maybe you should be informing your fellow Auror of that, because young Ms. Branxton seems under the impression that that you're the only one that checks the wands. And maybe if you let the wand weighers learn a little about defense, it wouldn't be so easy to sneak things in." And they had finally hit the crux of things. Lack of communication. It was apparently rampant in the Ministry.

"Or so you claim anyway. According to my research, you attacked just because he was talking to a woman you liked." And yes, she was pretty nsure her research was correct. "One Mrs. De La Garza, or as she was known at the time, Ms. Morgan?"

"Those chizpurfles you speak of came in on the mutant creatures that Creatures brought in. Had nothing to do with Environment, which you would know if you communicated with others in the Ministry, Mr. Bennett, Roxanne replied calmly. Wasn't her fault the MLE was out of communication with everyone else. And it hadn't been a problem until......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera View Post
She had been perfectly content with observing, but when people ran their mouths on matters they didn't understand... well... it was only her civic duty to perhaps stir the pot a little, or, 'inform'.

Did Carter hear what she was saying? "And how is that any different to any other secured establishment or facility which contains government or otherwise important documentation and the like? How is it different to you dropping a folder on your way to an appointment or debrief? How is it any different to any of our kind who let slip our existence and expose the magical world?" Hhhhmmm? No really, she wanted to know. She asked many questions, yes, but it all boiled down to one thing in the end, and that was that location wasn't what made a place secure, it was the people running it.

"I would have thought you of all people, Ms Carter, would understand the value of the Department of Accidents and Catastrophes and entrust them to carry out their duties in managing any such issues should they arise, because of course, they do..." It was a thing that happened, and though it wasn't something to be openly accepted, issues concerning the statute of secrecy have been managed remarkably well over the years. "Wards, repelling charms... well, I should have to explain to you the task of securing a premises from wandering eyes and ears. But if you think it an impossible task, then perhaps you may want to consider brushing up on how to manage a department before you take on a Ministry in its entirety."

Was that too much? Emily wasn't fazed, if Carter was to be elected it would be good to know the woman could handle criticism and remain cool under pressure. Headless chooks didn't make great leaders last she checked. Though, judging by the tone she took with Branxton, the woman was already cracking. Excellent Auror material right there. Bennett too with wise and informative words. And so THIS is what she loved about MLE, such a family feel to the team.
......this one took over. [B]"So, you're saying you believe, in spite of all evidence to the contrary, that the employees in your charge are responsible? Responsible enough that they can be trusted out in the muggle world? Even when it was in the muggle world that Mr. Bennett attacked the reporter in question?" All this was said in a conversational tone with a raised brow. As if she doubted what she was hearing, which she did.

Of course, it seemed that Emily had lost sight of the topic at hand. "So your plan for the security of the wizarding world is to do nothing and hope nothing happens? And you think that Accidents & Catastrophes should clean up the things that MLE just let happen, because 'that's their job'? They have no other responsibilities than to clean up after the MLE?" She was letting that bit about her go, putting it down to Emily's anger at her arrogance being called out. "If wizards were more careful, and didn't think they were so above using muggle devices, there would be no need for any of those. Plus, they won't hold forever. If and when they fail, then where will everyone be?" No headless chooks here.

You are Salt!