Thread: The Atrium
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 02:26 AM   #20 (permalink)
Tazenhani
Special Services to the School

DMLE & DoM
Doxy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amur Neverwinter
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rhydian "Wolf" Blackhold

Ministry RPG Name:
Coby Greer
~ Rise and Rise Again, Until Lambs become Lions ~

SPOILER!!: Simon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesian Feline View Post

Howdy, Simon.

Yep, that was Sabel. How long had it been since they had seen each other face to face for any length of time? It wasn't quite as long as it had been since they had stopped being flatmates since he had moved out to live with Arya before changing his assignment designations. Right? To be honest after awhile the years had started blending together, marked only with the passing of the newer batches of YATI in the office.

And he caught what the other man had started to say and he was so very glad it hadn't been true. Even if the former Gryffindor might have been coming back from the dead in the proposed scenario, it would have bothered Simon deeply to think him gone for good in the first place.

Was that a flinch, Dakest?

"Not working for a certain former prosecutor, are you?" he asked with a raised eyebrow of curiousity though he was teasing all the while. Like Sabel would side with the likes of Roxanne against the MLE. Simon waved off his question for he realised the other former Gryffindor would likely have no idea what he was talking about.

He couldn't help the smile that graced his face as his friend grasped his shoulder though. Oh he had missed his friend. "I have been well...quite well." Simon wasn't quite sure how to put everything into words. All that had happened since they had worked directly together including work and Angelina. They certainly needed to catch up on all that was going on in each other's lives.

"How about you?" he questioned, returning the favor. "And Arya? And the chil-?" Was there just one or more by now? It was hard to keep track with the distance and Josh already kept him busy with number of kids.

"Prosecutor?" Sabel's eyebrow arched before it dropped back down to shadow the frown that quickly crossed his features. As in, layer type prosecutor? What exactly had his friend got up to while he was gone?

He was about to ask when the notion got waved off as if it was of no importance. As much as he was biting at the bit to ask about it immediately, Sabel checked his tongue and made a fine printed note in his memory not to let it go so easily. First, pleasantries, then they could get down to business.

He smiled in return at his friend. Quite well. That was good. Very good. It dimmed his concern some. "I'm really glad to hear it. You'll have to fill me in on the details." Because it was fairly obvious there was more to say. It had certainly been quite some time.

"Children. Two of them now." He took his hand back and tucked it in his pocket, finishing Simon's question. Good grief he sounded like an old man! Rolling one shoulder slightly, suddenly rather self-conscious about the topic, Sabel glanced to the side before looking back at his friend. It was another reminder of how much time had passed. "Emma and Lucas. Lucas is the youngest, just over six months now. And we're all good, thank you. Arya asked me to pass on her regards."

_______________________________________You've never seen it look so easy.