View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 05:06 PM   #77 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Okay. So he was panicking for no reason, apparently. Sophie didn't even seem to notice he was freaking out, which was good. Good.
The man sat down and nodded, not looking at his co-worker and fellow former housemate. "Yeah, I- I was." He didn't know she was one either, but then again, he had never asked. "Um, 65 to 72." He pursed his lips and had to tell himself everything was fine. That was just Sophie so there was no need to freak out. She worked IN his lab, he should be used to her by now, Merlin. "You?" Derek managed to ask, giving her a quick glance before looking back down. It was only then she gestured to her dress and asked him if he had tried the cocktails yet. "No, I- I haven't." The lab technician blinked at her stained dress. "Are they um... good?"
MERLIN, small talk required a lot of energy. Derek was feeling drained already.
Oddly enough they had gone to school and been in the same house at the same time but Sophie still couldn't remember talking to him then. Shrugging she said "I attended Hogwarts in 2069-2075. So at least for the first 4 years of my time at Hogwarts you were there too but a senior." She glanced down at her dress once more and sighed beforeshe3 perked up and smiled again. "Did you have any favourite spots to hang out in around the castle? I liked sitting under trees with view of the lake. I always waited for Barty the Squid to make an appearance, but he seldom did. And of course hanging out in the lion common room playing games and chatting."

Lifting up her cocktail glass to drink up the last of the drink Sophie nodded. "The cocktails are delicious. Unfortunately I spilled out most of mine. You should try one. They have different flavours."

"Do you keep in touch with any of your old classmates?" Sophie wondered quietly. She hoped so even if Derek wasn’t the best at making small talk with people.