Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 12:11 PM   #96 (permalink)
SilverTiger

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherclawPoet View Post
Honestly it wasn’t that surprising that Stella had been wondering how the kids were, considering this was their first time away from them in a long time which really reinforced the idea that this date night definitely had been necessary because Matt knew there was no way things would have been able to continue properly without at least getting some time to themselves, that wasn’t to say that spending time with the kids was a problem but it was just different. Something which he still was adjusting to. “Risa is a good mother too, so despite previous things, I know she can handle it. It’s not like you’d have to worry about the kids because they’re all occupied in some way. Hopefully nothing destructive.” he commented, immediately thinking back to what Cameron had done to one of the bedroom walls which definitely wasn’t fun to deal with.

Sure his daughter was two but that was honestly a bit much for the whole ‘terrible twos’ phase, regardless that was something that could have waited to be dealt with in time. Just getting to enjoy the dancing right now was way more important than figuring out what to do with walls that were a little damaged. Of course worrying about Kieran too was a whole other discussion since she was practically the little princess but Caden did look after his sister too so honestly it wasn’t really that bad, well not until they all grew up which partially was not a thought that he was looking to have cross his mind at the moment. “Yes honestly, I just started thinking about it myself since I mean… I was a lot different at 11, you know the stores though and you’ve seen the pictures thanks to my mom.” Of course his mother wanted to show his wife all of the embarrassing pictures though, they hadn’t really had that much of an effect on him anymore.
Now that she’d spoken, all that was left was to find out if Matt was going to say she was being silly. Stella honestly knew she was. It was just hard not to wonder what their children were up to, especially knowing Caden was with Autumn. Even at nearly four, she had a feeling they were going to be inseparable. Not that she minded, considering it just meant more instances of visiting with Risa while Matt was at work. He quite obviously wasn’t now, though, and she knew she ought to be enjoying their time away instead of wondering what their babies were up to. “Why do I have a feeling that will be the only time you admit you think that?,” she replied, lightly teasing him over the compliment to her best friend. She knew he’d understand. Just as she knew he would have never forbidden her from seeing Risa if he hadn’t decided the redhead wasn’t as irritating as he’d originally thought. Besides, they got plenty of alone time these days, even if it was just moments before bed. It was just times away from home together that were scarce, and why the reunion was welcome.

Even if his little tacked-on hope brought back those thoughts about what the kids were getting up to. “I doubt Risa would let her get to any permanent markers,” she said, vaguely. She didn’t quite know where Cameron had gotten the one at home for that matter, yet she had. The fact couldn’t be changed now, although a little paint did wonders with fixing the damage. They were just lucky the other two weren’t quite as troublesome. She knew Matt wasn’t just thinking of the one twin, though. He just wasn’t admitting that he was just as concerned about Kieran, if not moreso. Part of her couldn’t wait until all of them got older, just to see what would happen. Just to see how protective he’d get over his little princess. “Weren’t we all different when we were eleven?,” she asked. “I know my mother’s told you stories about when I was tiny too. Everything I got into with Risa.” She didn’t know it for a fact, but she knew there was every chance her mother had. Especially during that last term when she’d still been here at Hogwarts and Matt had been in France. She didn’t begrudge him for that odd friendship he had with her mother. It was an artist thing.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero