View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 09:02 PM   #123 (permalink)
Govoni

MO & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lyric Bayliss-Black
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Marilyn Romalotti
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Gabriel P. Banner
Law Enforcement
x12 x12
Zombie Apocalypse Team Leader ★ ★ in a crown of pepperoni and artisan cheese

SPOILER!!: Kate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Banana View Post
Kate tapped her quill silently against her parchment. She stared at her work like she expected the numbers to just start calculating themselves. She fidgeted a bit, not sure what to do, until she was aware of somebody else standing next to her and flipping the pages of her book. At first, she thought it was the professor. Then she looked over to see that it was Gabe, one of her house prefects.

When he was done flipping and pointing out the page she should be looking at, Kate grinned and said, "Thanks, Gabe. I'll give it a try and let you know if I have any trouble," she said. It really didn't seem so hard now that she had the right page open. Kate noted that Gabe then went to the side of some older Slytherin girl. They were working and whispering about something Kate didn't think she was supposed to be in on. So instead, she focused on her parchment again and tried to match all the letters to the right numbers.

G I N E V R A
7 + 9 + 5 + 5 + 4 + 9 + 1 = 40
4 + 0 = 4

M O L L Y
4 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 7 = 23
2 + 3 = 5

W E A S L E Y
5 + 5 + 1 + 1 + 3 + 5 + 7 = 27
2 + 7 = 9

"Gabe?" she asked, hesitating about interrupting him and the Slytherin girl. "Is this all I'm supposed to be doing for now?"

Hmm?

Blinking because the person he'd been looking at was now speaking to him, Gabe glanced first at his sister...and then stood to join the small person. He'd said he'd help...So, there was no backing out now. Clearly, the Ravenclaw was committing to this badged business. Flushy face and all.

Not so embarrassed in the moment, though, he carefully pulled the parchment up to have a better look. First things first, Gabe double checked her math. Everything appeared right...so far. Yes.

"All you have to do...now is add all those sums together....and...simplify."

Livin' in ruins of a palace, within our dreams...____________
We're on each other's team._____