View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 08:06 AM   #81 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govoni View Post
SPOILER!!: Arithmancy notebook!
Gabriel P. Banner
Ravenclaw Sixth Year
October 14th, 2085
Arithmancy classroom

Arithmancy Lesson 1: What's in a Name?

Does marriage and taking another name change ones numbers?
"The prevailing choice of ancient Arithmancers, and therefore of your textbook, is to use your birth name for all calculations throughout your lifetime."

"Because name changes tend to correspond with big life changes or decisions, the new school of thought holds that your personality, values, habits, et cetera are impacted to an extent that would make calculations with your new name entirely appropriate."

"The view put forth by the rest of you is somewhere in the middle, using both calculations to gain a better picture of how the name-changing event affects your life. No one has yet, to my knowledge, come up with a mathematical rule for combining calculations with both names."

All statements by Professor Tanner

Class Exercise:
Gryffindors: Hermione Jean Granger
Hufflepuffs: Hermione Jean Weasley
Ravenclaws: Ginevra Molly Weasley
Slytherins: Ginevra Molly Potter

Gabe had been silent so far, working on his notes...making sure not to miss anything. The subject matter didn't really interest him...as it was about marriage and...Well, Gabe had nothing nice to say...and because his social cues didn't seem appropriate all the time, it was just best to remain quiet.

...and at the mention of hyphenating names, that got his attention. Actually, in the Ravenclaw's opinion, hyphenating was probably more efficient as...it included your birth name...and your new name. Mixing the old and the new...in a way. He quickly backtracked to add that bit in his notes.

Now...for the calculations bit. This wasn't hard for Gabe...as he loved dealing with numbers and calculating this and that. They were universal, which was their appeal. Math didn't change, no matter where you were doing it.

He looked to his sister...and began collecting his materials. Truth be told, he hadn't been that great of a big brother and yea, the guilt was strong. And she wasn't that well versed with the numbers like he was. Ruby would need his help...and that was okay. Gabe didn't mind. Of course, on his way over, he seen Kate...and she was a Claw and....eh, his responsibility?....Eeeeh...Gabe still didn't know what he...thought about this responsibility thing.

"This entry is what you should....go by." He carefully took her book and flipped the pages until finding what he was looking for. Pointing out the diagram, he nodded to himself. If the professor was talking about the Pythagorean Number System...that was it. "I hope that...helps. If.....you know.....need further....help?, I'll...help you."...but first he needed to check on Ruby. She tended to get overwhelmed with the Arithmancy stuff.

Sliding in next to said sister, Gabe began positioning his things again. "Don't look so scared."
Ruby looked up from her textbook, a little surprised to see Gabe there. Like right there. To help her?

"I'm not." Not scared... "I just can't..." Well. He knew. She bit her lip and then leaned in to whisper at him. "Can you double check I write the numbers the right way?" He understood what she meant, right? And at lest she was saying she'd try it herself rather than pouting and sulking and bullying him to do it for her.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you