Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #77 (permalink)
SilverTiger

MO & DMAC

Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Giselle Barrington
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sable Ileana Armstrong
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skye Tamerlane
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Jemma McCrae
Minister's Office
x5 x3
Shoe!Girl │ Rebel Ravie │ Confundus Queen │ RP Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlytherclawPoet View Post
Something was bothering Stella and honestly Matt could tell without even having to say a word, he just knew that there had been something on her mind which was almost taking her attention away from the moment, not that he particularly had been worried or anything but it was definitely strange. “What’s wrong?” he asked curiously. The temptation to just leave it alone was there but he was having quite the issue enjoying the dancing when he knew she was distracted. Fact was that he had been as well, though it wasn’t enough to really want to upset the moment seeing as times like these were definitely very few and far between which was okay since life had become a lot different than it was while they were both students.

While he waited for her to tell him what was on her mind, he went back to just enjoying the rare moment of being alone together before eventually having to go off and explore, seeing if there was anyone that they had known around because there probably was but plenty of time for that. The night was still young after all. “They get a better experience here than we did, though at least we got to see what Hogwarts was like even if was only for a couple years.” he commented. Was really the truth though, sure they had not been able to have all seven years here but at least there was something; some exploration of what the school had and he was already strangely looking forward to taking his kids to Diagon Alley to get their supplies when it was time.
Of course Matt had picked up on her preoccupation. Stella hadn’t been surprised by that one bit, nor that he’d chosen to ask. The only problem was that, in fact, nothing was wrong. It was just going to be difficult trying to explain that now that he’d asked. “Nothing’s wrong. Honestly, I was just wondering what the kids were up to right now,” she replied. If Risa was completely flustered yet, considering it was infinitely different dealing with one child rather than four. Yet deep down, she did trust her best friend. She wouldn’t have convinced Matt that it was alright to have her babysit so they could come tonight if she hadn’t. She had wanted to come, to have this time with him, to possibly see friends they hadn’t seen in years now if they had come as well. “I could have asked the same of you.” It wasn’t breaking the moment to ask, not anymore. Besides, they were still dancing. Conversation hardly wasn’t welcome at the same time, if it was wanted.

The dancing really was nice, too. Relaxing, even if her mind kept working. That hardly stopped, these days, not with three young children normally underfoot. She had leaned her head against his chest again during the brief moment of silence between them, listening to his heartbeat practically in time with the music, just enjoying their private little bubble before they went to see if anyone else was there. Obviously there were others at the reunion, but so far they hadn’t found anyone they knew. “True. Although it was enough for us,” she murmured. She still felt at home here, even if she’d only attended for a few terms. Being with Matt felt like home, but so did Hogwarts. So did everything.

...It must be exhausting, always rooting for the anti-hero