View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 04:18 AM   #19 (permalink)
Bazinga
Dark Force Defense League

MO & DMGS
Forest Troll

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Kirsten Delbin
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mateo Theodore
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alana Potter
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Bart Culloden
Games & Sports

x11 x9
Puff by day, snake by night | Mj's bestie | Always UP to Something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayquilz View Post
Ember was listening to them ALL. Closely. And she was taking MUCH MENTAL NOTAGE here. Because if she did decide to vote--and let's face it, she probably would--she wanted to vote for the ABSOLUTELY best person possible.

And of course, they all had a lot to say.

Firstly, was the older man, Sherman Clark. He was cute. Seemed nice. But Ember was squinting at him like any of the others. He made a lot of sense. She liked his answer--but she still had quiiiiite a few questions for him. "As a person in the Creatures Department at the ministry, it has definitely come to my attention that not everyone in our...ahem, establishment cares as much about the wellfare for animals as we do--" she met eyes with Harmony. "And--I just wanted to know how you really expect to convince those around you to make the changes that need to be made about creature testing?" she asked..hoping her question made sense. It made sense in her brain. "I mean--your speech to us is quite convincing to ME--but to others who aren't in our same awareness--I just want to know if you really think you can achieve those laws that, as you stated, other countries have."

Because yes, this was important.

Then, she turned to Victoria Culloden. "Same question to you, Ma'am." she said confidently. "How would YOU go about getting your agenda across? Are you both giving us empty promises?" Ember wasn't rude.

But she also wasn't stupid.
She looked up to hear a question from Ember. Knowing the young woman was from creatures she wasn't surprised to see she had a voice and an opinion for this topic. "Well with everything you have seen here today, not just at this booth there will always be people against things. Even my opponents have different views on the same topics, but with the way my views are, I just don't feel it's right to test on creatures. So I will help the department anyway I can to prove this as a fact. We will come up with the best evidence, have seminars to educate people on different ways to test products and spells. I will work very hard to get my point across and to persuade the people that feel it is fine to test on creatures to change their minds."

As she took a quick pause she began to smile, "Have you ever heard the term put your money where your mouth is? Well I have in this case. Like I said earlier, I signed up to do an experimental potion. I have a voice and could pick to participate or not. Seeing that there were plenty of other people willing to do the same, I don't feel many will need convincing if we already have a smooth transition into something else already working. Now it could get trickier for the more dangerous experiments, but that is where some of my previous ideas such as the human like dummies could come into play." They were wizards, they had to be able to figure something out other then using a poor harmless creature.