Thread: Ravenclaw Table
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 02:59 AM   #37 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Default Ellie, Addy, Spike, Louisa, Max, Cela, Becca, aaaaaaaah
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaRoHeGiNeLu View Post
Yes, Vivi, she was definitely going to sit by you. Because that's where everyone else was, too. And where Max would be. And if she couldn't have her Treyen, she had to have her Max.

But had she seen him? "No. Didn't you come together?" Ellie tried to think of a reason they might not have, but couldn't come to one. Max would have waited for Vivi to get ready......maybe it was Vivi who hadn't waited for Max. Though, in that case, Vivi would know that Max was home so far.
There was no hugging or handshaking or TOUCHING Ellie, but Vivi was pleased to see the older girl. Max's closest friend was someone that Vivi desperately wanted to be friends with... a position the former Ravenclaw hadn't found herself in before. She'd wanted things, but she hadn't wanted someone to LIKE her.

"We didn't, actually. I was here setting up, and he was meeting me here. He'll show up soon. Has he talked to you about the wedding yet?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriin View Post
Addy was STARTLED when she heard someone nearly shouting her name... Of course it was Viv. Heh. She tugged Spike along with her and stopped by wjere Viv was sitting with a slew of people. A whole SLEW.

Some of those assembled were vaguely familiar faces, some she was sure she had never met. And furthermore there were some she wished she had never laid eyes on. One in particular who was awfully rude. And that someone got snubbed. No hello from Addy Hutchinson for YOU. Hmph.

Smiling she took her friend's hand and bounced on the balls of her feet. "Sephi was so sad she couldn't come tonight. I think she wanted to see you more than she wanted to come hang out with her parents." Kids tho. Sighs. And now that Vivi had mentioned it she DID miss her ickle one a lot. Thanks Genevieve Branxton. Thanks. A. Lot.

"Where's your fiancee? Is he going to grace us with his presence this evening?" HMMMMMM? WAS HE? Did Viv want to rub her itty bitty baby bump? She was the only one besides Spike who was allowed. Mhm. Hehehehe. "I want food. Would you like me to bring you some? OH! We're going to Peru. To the Amazon." Word vomit anyone? Addy was good at random conversations!
As a matter of course, Vivi was very tempted to pat Addy on the belly, but she knew that, should they be reversed, she'd break the fingers of anyone who tried it. So even though she suspected she was allowed to do it, Vivi held herself back. "We'll drop by soon and take her out for the day. Max needs the practice of dealing with very demanding females if he's going to marry into the Branxton family."

Food actually sounded good. Very good, even if Vivi worried she'd end up wearing some of it on a pretty dress. "Bring me something amazing, and twelve napkins. And he'll be here, but if you see him, tell him I look amazing and he's missing out."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermygirl View Post
"By sad, she's underselling it somewhat," Spike with a chuckle, dipping into his wife's conversation. "Clingy would be marginally more appropriate, especially once we'd mention we were seeing Auntie Vivi. You clearly spoil your goddaughter too much." And with that he grinned, because that's were godparents were meant to do, and he didn't mind Sephi spending time with Vivi and Max in the slightest.

Which begged the question...where WAS Max? Except, well, his wife had already got there first. The oddly familiar babble of Addy being pregnant. "There's nibbles in your purse, my love," he answered with a smile. He'd managed to think that far ahead at least, even if he hadn't been prepared for a last minute outfit change after Sephi decided the previous one needed to be left at home for cleaning. "Hiking trip. Possibly a waddling trip too, if Sephi finally takes the plunge to walk. We've got her the CUTEST little boots."

He was allowed to gush a little, okay?
She leaned past Addy to greet Spike properly. "I don't spoil her enough. Don't challenge me, Spike, 'cause I will definitely spoil the pants off her. And look at you... you bought your infant who can't walk hiking boots. Just because I take her to Arrows games and let her chew my hair and maybe there was an incident with a stuffed unicorn... I'm not spoiling her." She was. Baby was getting roller skates as soon as she could walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Louisa chuckled and took Vivi's hand shaking it. It was very nice that she remember Louisa wasn't a hugger, though it was pretty hard hugging her when she was all dressed up like that. "Aren't you a bit overdressed?" She grinned down at her always-the-stunning figure and then back up at her gorgeous hair and face. Maybe people glowed differently when they were truly happy and satisfied, Louisa wondered if she glowed like that, too???

"Yeah. I'm really excited, it took a while and I had to stalk some posh people and follow them around like a puppy, but it worked! I officially work in the office where decisions are made and I can work on my diplomatic dream for real." She WAS happy about this, and she continued on to tell Vivi about other stuff. "I'm looking for a flat in the city, too. Preferably a big one, which means I need to share the bills with someone sooo a flatmate it is. Not sure how I'm going to live with another person, it looks hard." She scrunched up her face for a moment but then let the excitement overcome her. "What about you? How's the wedding plans going? What about your job, you're a proper Auror now?"
It was just like Louisa to offer an insult with a smile, and it ALMOST choked Vivi up with emotion as much as it annoyed the pants off her. Overdressed? It wasn't her fault that people didn't know what semi-formal meant, and she was the daughter of the president to boot. She had to wear a dress. Fancy. Ravenclaw colors. "I look amazing and don't try to deny it."

Hair fluff. But really, it was nice to see Louisa so relaxed and excited about her life. Vivi listened carefully to all of Louisa's plans. Ambitious, but then she'd always been. "I know a nice place where the flats are really reasonable. You might even be able to afford to live by yourself, have a little back garden... it's lovely. Right in the middle of things." And she'd have some old friends as neighbors, not that Vivi would throw that in just yet. "Congratulations on your job, truly. It sounds just up your alley. You deserve something fabulous after all the work you've put in. Oh, and wedding plans." She waved her hand. "I'm getting to it. Slowly, but it's happening. Found a dress, letting my mother do the caterer and flowers because it makes her happy. And yes, I'm a full Auror now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegz View Post
Ooooooh! Cela's attention was diverted by the pretty ring. Very nice! She liked her OWN best of course, and no doubt that there wasn't a single proposal that could compare to hers, but it was very nice.

"Oh you too, and its lovely! Do show him off to me too whenever your man shows up! Is he Ravenclaw too?" Ravenclaw men were the BEST weren't they? Totally were. So thoughtful and romantic, with lovely hair and a fabulous sense of style. Or at least they were willing to let you dress them and fuss with their hair if they were lacking that last part.

She looked back as Copernicus invited Evee and Plymouth to join them and smiled happily. They could if they wanted, but she didn't expect them to want to stick around too long and besides, Cela wanted to dance soon. Until her feet hurt!
It was so gratifying to have someone fuss over her, and Vivi turned the ring to let the light hit it. It was so sparkly! "He's a Ravenclaw. Quidditch player, Keeper for the Arrows. Adorable, very sweet, a little shy. He'll be here. I had to help him match me, you know? But we don't usually do that..." Then again, Cela and her hubby were matching a bit too, so maybe she shouldn't make fun.

"That's him there," Viv pointed to Max lurking by the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeheeheeny View Post
...Oh, Merlin. Loads of people. Loads of old familiar friends and peers kind of people. Faces that Maximus James could have lived without seeing again, and faces that he saw often, and faces that he wished he saw more often - but as soon as he stepped toward the Ravenclaw table to go see where his fiancée was, he stopped.

And there came the feelings.

Nostalgia hit him in the chest like a brick, and he actually brought a hand up to place over his aching heart. So many memories - mostly good ones - came flooding back, and the sight of Vashti, Ellie, Vivi, Louisa, and Spike all conjugated together at the Ravenclaw table made actual tears pool in his eyes.

Instead of going over to say hello, the former Ravenclaw turned his back to them by the door of the Great Hall and cleared his throat, taking a moment to choke back emotions. He took his glasses off to keep them from fogging up, but he was not going to cry in front of them, no. No. Not today.

But his friends. All in one place.
What was he doing? Lurking and... was he ill? Vivi half stood before deciding that Max was fine. A little bit of a tender flower, but he was the flower and she was the butterfly and they'd always worked well like that.

"JAMES. COME HERE AND KISS ME." She wanted him to come join them instead of lurking all nostalgic and weepy in the doorway. And she wanted a kiss.

Quote:
The party don't start till I walk in.

Becca Parker didn't plan on staying long, not unless the two people she wanted to see most were there and wanted her to stay - Cela and Cope, of course - so naturally the first thing she did upon entering the room was look for them. She saw Max along the way, her old Arrows teammate, and he appeared... to be... crying? What? At least overly emotional, and that was concerning, so Becca marched right on over, ruffled the young man's hair, and gave him a booty-bump to the hip. "Cheer up, James. This is a happy occasion," she chimed as she continued walking by, shooting the Keeper a cheeky sort of grin. If baby James was here, he surely brought his mum, too, didn't he? Becca would keep an eye out for her, then. She loved that woman.

Setting her sights for the Ravenclaw table, Becca skimmed the faces currently present. She saw many familiar ones, like Ellie and Vashti who had both grown up beautifully, but before she could even throw them so much as a wave, there. She spotted them, and a wave of relief washed over her. Friends. Good.

Strutting down the walkway between the two tables - hey, athletes could look smokin' in formal attire, too - Becca Parker arrived behind Celandine Toussaint Kettleburn and gave her a few gentle taps on the shoulder. "Head Girl Toussaint? D'you remember that time you let a weregoat eat my pillow?" The memory struck her suddenly and a grin kept onto her face as she made grabby hands for a hug. Cope got smiles, too, and... a Plymouth Morgan?

Fantastic.
Cope was taking a lot of good-natured abuse from his wife, and he appreciated her for it. She got a squeeze, and then he went back to watching her work the room. Or this corner of it, but it would be no time at all before Cela spread out. He was still watching her when a familiar voice called Cela by her maiden name. It took a moment, but Cope rose and offered a hand to her. "Becca. That was Cela who ate your pillow. She admitted everything to me later."

Or not, but... where'd they go and fine a weregoat?

"You suppose Plym will join us, or just stand there looking scared all night," he leaned in to drop that question right in Cela's ear.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest

Last edited by Cassirin; 01-14-2015 at 03:27 AM.