View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 11:05 AM   #22 (permalink)
Mell

Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrew James Preston
Seventh Year

x7
Melly Bean | aussiegirl | a Supernatural freak

SPOILER!!: Nico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con_Stripes View Post

"Generous, but not ridiculous." Nico agreed. There would probably be some fool who committed to donating some ostentatious amount just for show. Such gestures could end up being offensive in some ways, since it made those who could only afford a small amount feel like their contribution was irrelevant even if it was all they could do. Better then, if you were going to go the extreme route, to donate anonymously, or at least privately. There was an art to these things.

"You know me too well. I don't believe in hand outs." But if someone earned it... then that was different.

If Nico were a mind reader he'd have agreed with his wife. He'd made it clear that though he could hardly approve of certain decisions Kayla had made, he did not wish his own children to be deprived of their family. Family was everything to all Toussaints, one day he hoped Kayla would choose to make that step herself and really take on board that particular aspect of being a Toussaint.

"There's much worse I could do. He's lucky I'm as lenient as I am. A few weeks with his grandfather might scare him straight... and the old man has mellowed with age." Less inclined toward casual murder in other words.

"He hasn't. I suppose its time I press him on that." If Michael thought for one minute he could waft about doing nothing on his money then he was sorely mistaken. Even Adriano had a career to support his old wastrel lifestyle, and Nicholai would not see his son take after his brother in that way.

The headmistress... Nicholai knew enough to know who she was. He knew of her, rather than knowing her personally, since he'd actually left the year prior to her beginning as Herbology professor, to his wife, his sister, and many of his other friend and family.

"Kayla Winters-Toussaint now." He provided smoothly, the polite smile on his face not giving away his dislike of that unnecessary hyphen, but then he'd barely expected Kayla to do that much, once upon a time. "I'm Nicholai, I don't believe we've had the pleasure of meeting, Headmistress, though I know you are fairly close with my younger sister Celandine, and my good friend Plymouth Morgan." Name to a face perhaps? Who knew if either of them had mentioned Nico over the years, or if the redhead in front of him was particularly inclined to remember if they had.

"I'd like to know more about where the money will go and how any scholarships would be awarded before I commit to donating." He'd donate substantially if it seemed worthwhile, just not publicly. "Though I'm more than willing to support the Board in their efforts to establish such schemes, in theory."

Ahhh it was Mr. Sideburns himself, the Gryffindor who had taken twice as long as anyone else to grow up. Nicholai couldn't help but wonder if Anna was coming and if so, if he could get a rise out of Cale like he used to do just for the fun of it.

....Probably. He still had his charm.

"Newell. I heard your son was made prefect this year. Congratulations." Would never cease to amaze him that Cale had ended up with a son in Slytherin while his own son had ended up Gryffindor. The hat had a sense of humour, apparently.

"Is Anna joining you tonight?" He rarely saw her since she'd decided to sell up the majority of her shares in the company, though half of her former name was still on the door, so to speak.

He really would love to see her.

No, she supposed it wasn't ridiculous at all. They did have an obscene amount of money so it would probably be good of them to be charitable with some of it. Kayla grinned at him and gave him a nudge with her elbow. "Such a slave driver."She teased, although she agreed with him wholeheartedly.

Personally, she hoped that Nico was just using Arnaud as an idle threat because she didn't think that Michael would be able to handle his grandfather. She had a feeling that it had taken her son quite a while to adjust to Durmstrang. "Well...let's just give him a chance to prove himself first, shall we?" Arnaud scared the crap out of her and she was not easily scared about anything. She did not want to put her son through that.

She really had become a softy.

"I thought for a moment there that he might want to try professional Quidditch." But he had only been interested in playing for one year. "I have this awful feeling that he's going to jump from job to job for a while before settling down." Which she was sure that Nicholai would not like.

SPOILER!!: Bunz-Truebs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Something Anastasia had not considered in coming to this event was the possibility of running into former students.... and this one, this young man who was introducing himself as a Lord was certainly a student who had been here during her tenure as Herbology professor.

She cleared her throat. "I agree, Miles." No she was NOT going to address him as a Lord. There were no royals in the Wizarding World, and plus, the fancy title only reminded her of one gassy "lord" who had nearly ruined her first stint at Hogwarts. Hmmph!

"Headmistress Anastasia Truebridge," she finished her sentence with a polite but firm shaking of his hand. Oh, he was really going to donate now, was he? But a Lord should know never to ask the appropriate amount... Annie nearly clucked at the man. "Whatever you feel comfortable donating is what I'm SURE the school would be grateful to have. Don't drain your Gringotts vault on our account." She laughed, because obviously that would be impossible for someone with such a fancy title, amirite?!

The redhead politely looked away while the Lord finished his donation paper, and to her surprise she appeared to be accidentally looking in a mirror. !!!!!! What! What was this sorcery, this woman wearing the same blazer and jeans she had just worn last summer. Anastasia touched her hair as if making sure it was still there.

"You have great taste in fashion, dear," she moved around the donation box to casually mention this to the woman. Oh, and was that her husband, whispering in her ear? He looked familiar for some reason as well. Reminded her of Gaellen Tate, actually. Weiiiiiiiiiiird. She was officially weiiiiiiirded out by these two and moved down the line to the next couple there.

Oh! She knew this face too. "Kayla Winters, Hufflepuff Prefect," she said crisply, almost as if reciting a roster. Yes, this girl --- well, woman --- had been a student back when she had taught Herbology. "Trying to decide whether or not to donate?" The Headmistress' eyes flicked to the man with her, but she didn't recognize him as quickly. "When doubt, just say yes," she joked but without even a trace of a smile.

In all seriousness, really.... yes, they should donate. Wizarding university was even better than Hogwarts' education, especially at the University of Cairo.

And Kayla definitely knew this face as well. The last time she had come face to face with the red head had been on the Quidditch pitch where she had threatened the woman for not looking after her son. "Headmistress Truebridge. Lovely to see you again." It was amazing how well she could lie and also be pleasant.

She smiled at the woman and wasn't sure how to respond to that, but was saved the trouble when Nicholai stepped in. Although she did let out a small cough which she covered with her hand. The hyphenated name still irked her husband.

SPOILER!!: Cale
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Cale was obviously going to donate to the Board of Governors - Hogwarts was without a doubt the best wizarding institution in the WORLD, and now that he had another child who would be attending in the future, he wanted to be sure they had all the galleons they needed to keep being amazing.

It was also a little thank you for making his son prefect. Hehe. He couldn't help but grin at that thought. If only Sophie had gotten prefect too! How fun would that have been - a set of twin prefects!

As he approached the table, however, his attention was turned towards a couple talking nearby - oh, he knew them all right. He grinned and approached them with a wave. "Kayla! Nico! I was wondering if I'd run into you two here," he told them with a smile. Since Anna had quit the potions business, he hadn't seen much of the Toussaints - not that he was complaining THAT much. Nico was very tolerable...in small doses.

Their names were being called and Kayla turned in the direction of the voice and raised her eyebrows in surprise. She didn't really know Cale that well and she knew that he and Nico didn't really get on that well.

"Hello Cale, it's good to see you." She smiled politely at the man and couldn't help but notice that his hair wasn't as fluffy as it used to be when he was at school. And even though Nico was being polite also, she could just feel the mischief in him. "Behave." She whispered out of the corner of her mouth.

SPOILER!!: Matty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabben View Post
*Walking in Matty couldn't help but smile. He could careless about going back to Hogwarts. He would much rather be at home with his kids. What he did like was that the most beautiful woman was on his arm. When Marie first brought up the reunion he was a little unsure, but once she showed him the dress she was going to wear he figured why fight it. Marie was always beautiful but tonight she was stunning. Now seeing Marie the way she was made him a little proud. He had landed the hottest girl in his year at school and still loved her like mad.*

"I know I've said this before but you look amazing tonight."
*He whispered down to Marie. As he looked up he saw the last person he wanted to see.*

"Dragon dung on a stick... I had no idea she would be here."
*Matty was not a fan of Kayla after all that happened. He may not be best mates with his uncle either but at least he came back and was trying. That was when it hit him... Gabben was going to be here. Looking back over to Marie he gave her a sad smile.*
"Marie... he's gonna be here too. If he see's her-..."
*Well nothing would happen but he knew that it would be wicked painful for his uncle that was for sure.*

While Nico spoke with Cale, Kayla took the opportunity to gaze around the reception area and she wished she hadn't. Her body stiffened immediately the moment her gaze landed on Matthias.

Great! That's all she needed. A reminder of the past she was trying to forget.