View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 03:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
Hera
Dark Force Defense League

DMC
Abraxan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jasper Hart
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Olympia Stanton
Magical Creatures

x10 x10
½ EagleBrain ♥ Creeperdoodle ♥ Raven Dor ♥ Berry ♥ ½ Team House Elf

SPOILER!!: Candidate Carter
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post

"Well, I'm sorry for misunderstanding you then, Ms. Willowgrass," Roxanne started with a kind smile. "If elected, then I would not object to opening up all needed and available resources to you or any employee that wished to take on such a project. I believe that research such as yours is a very important part of advancing our society as a whole." And it was, she dared anyone to disagree with her.

Yeah, Roxanne wasn't even listening to him anymore now. Okay, maybe she was, but he was just digging himself a hole. "No, it is you that keeps bringing the conversion back around to your wife's department's event. I also mentioned both the orientation party that the Ministry throws every year, which since you know everything, you know is thrown by the Minister's Office and the magic carpet symposium, which was thrown by the Transportation Department. I appreciate that you are trying to support your wife, but maybe you shouldn't do it at the expense of your journalistic integrity." And that was all she was going to say on the topic. If he wanted to continue to attack her, he would get his questions ignored.

Finally, he was moving on. To another topic that was a thorn in her side with this Ministry. "I appreciate you correcting my misinformation on this topic. Perhaps the Minister should be more upfront about this type of thing in the future, no?" Or maybe the Ministry Liaison should actually be doing his job instead thinking of ways to 'get' her. "But surely the fact that a department has to be split up between other departments is still a cause for concern?" In her eyes, it was most definitely.

"If that is, in fact, the case," which she highly doubted, but okay, "then I will ask them to relinquish those extra funds in order to help another department that is in desperate need of the money.

Another thing that I believe would help is if more people started eating in the Ministry's Food Court, something that I welcome employees to come forward about if they have something they wish to see there. Also, supporting research such as Ms. Willowgrass'."

[SIZE=1][B]OOC: Seriously, please cut it out, it's getting ridiculous.
[/FONT]

No, the pressure was in fact not getting to her, it was how much that De La Garza sucked as a journalist and a human being. But if that's what people wanted to believe.... "A another good question. I would direct the Ministry's funds towards more worthwhile projects, such as projects like Ms. Willowgrass', as well as better training for all departments and their employees in things such as self-defense." Because government officials really needed to be able to defend themselves.

The woman was stubborn, as was De La Garza... it made things interesting to say the least. Perhaps he could offer a scrap of gossip to Kerese after all.

"Mmhhmm..." Tibor nodded, noting down the candidates response. Self defence training for all departments... interesting... "And how would these projects benefit the wizarding community? Bearing in mind that only a proportion of the wizarding public actually hold positions within the Ministry." And was this to be done anticipating attacks on the institution?