View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
Gissel
Formerly: itsgisselx3
Slytherin
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amari Rey
Fifth Year
Default Mention of Nigel
Bashful Bowtruckle ♥ ♥ Lassie's Sweet Pea

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurange View Post
It was really nice to be in the Great Hall again, especially when Elise was so sure she would probably never be here again. The ceiling was looking particularly spectacular, as it normally did at this time of year, and she was already seeing a few familiar faces. It felt like she'd only been there two seconds when Chris started dragging her towards the buffet table without warning.

Well, it wasn't dragging, per se. Elise had been standing there for quite a while and if she had been left there any longer, might be catching flies. He might also have said something and she would have been too far gone into her thoughts to hear him. Whatever it was, though, she was running after him in her lovely new heels. It was better than being dragged around in her lovely new heels, even if it was by a rather attractive boyfriend. Mmhmm.

When they finally stopped, though, Elise had to say that the spread was really impressive. There was even a pretty big vegetarian selection. She was very, very impressed. The house elves had really outdone themselves. She was about to reach for a plate when she saw a familiar face. Oh, look! It was Nigel! "STARFISH!" she called, waving a little. "Oh, uh... I meant Nigel." Totally. Don't mind her. She clearly hadn't matured that much since she left, nope.
Christopher stared down at the table of food and then up at Elise who was...looking elsewhere. He stood behind her and looked in the general direction she was looking in just when she was yelling about a starfish. He hardly knew anything about Nigel, but for whatever reason, he seemed to make Elise really happy. What Chris jealous? ....OF COURSE. Anyone who had seen Nigel would be jealous of him. Especially with all of the shirtlessness he did back in the day...and probably still did.

Either way, Chris knew better than to let Elise knoooow he was jealous. At least, not now because they'd only been in the building for about seven minutes and that would just put a damper on the whole night. Instead, he laughed and said, "Well, why don't you go up to him and say hi? I have food, I'll be fine." Yeah, because he practically lived with Elise and being clingy would annoy her, he was sure of it. "You came here to see your friends, remember?"

And Chris would just be eating his heart away. That's what buffets were for, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natethegreat View Post
Looking at Whitney, she took a sip from her own drink. "I've been good. It could be better, but I can't complain." Fixing her hair with her free hand she realized that it was still the same from yesterday. Silly her. She was here for Ravenclaw after all, and not Gryffindor. So since she was a metamorphmagus she changed it to something more of tonight's style. Something...blue!

Annabelle had thought of two different styles. A darker blue, and a cyan blue. Gazing back at her friend she asked "Which one should I go with?" Her hair changed the two different colors. She waited a few seconds before switching between the two to give Whitney some time to think which one she should go with. Adjusting the guardian dragons around her ears, she took another sip of her drink.
Whit was sad to hear that Annabelle could have been better. She, personally, always tried to be as positive as ever, and while she kind of sucked at it when she was younger -- and throughout her divorce -- she was really great at it now. She just wished she could help others be just as positive. "Aw, I'm sorry you're not, like, fantastic or anything. Maybe being here tonight will help things out?" Whatever those things were. She was just happy to be here, so she figured everyone else would be just as excited too.

Stuffing her face with a buffalo bite, she looked up at Annabelle and suppressed a giggle. So maybe she had forgotten that she was a metamorphmagus and the color change might have thrown her off. It wasn't her fault she spent most of her time around muggles and their children! She hardly used magic when she was in school, and she used it even less now. If it wasn't for her own kids, she'd probably never use it.

"I thiiiink you should go with the darker blue," she finally said while nodding. "It's a little more semi-formal and fitting for the night." Not that what she herself was wearing was semi-formal, it was definitely leaning more towards formal, but she wanted to look good! "I still wish I could do that. It would be way easier than dying my hair on my own." Because as much as she tried not to get them, those little white hairs still continued to pop up. Being thirty-two was not all the best.