View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mell

Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrew James Preston
Seventh Year

x7
Melly Bean | aussiegirl | a Supernatural freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con_Stripes View Post
"It seems a little slapdash to me." That was all. Thrown together without much regard, but yes, he was willing to chat to a governor or two and see what their take on it was, perhaps they'd convince him. "We could sponsor a student fully ourselves when it comes right down to it." More than one, really. "If we felt it worthwhile."

Really, he'd rather look at taking an apprentice. Wouldn't hurt since his own son was hardly interested in following in his footsteps not that Nico minded. However, Professor Doyle Branxton had once sponsored his entry into MESOP, it had crossed Nico's mind to do the same someday, but only for the supremely deserving.

"Do you suppose Michael will consider university?" Nobody in Nico's family actually had gone. They were pretty old school. Purebloods. Wealthy. It had just been less common in the past and there wasn't anything wrong with that. It had nothing to do with their collective ability. The closest family who had gone through university were Copernicus and Plymouth, but no Toussaints, yet.

"That's very generous." Of course she knew this about him already, but this was quite a big thing. "And I'm guessing you wouldn't just throw money at the sponsored student either. You would need to know how well your money is being invested." It wouldn't surprise her if the sponsored student was around their house every Sunday for dinner.

And really, what was one more child? The Toussaint clan was often together especially when the kids were home from school. And there were a lot of kids. Speaking of kids, the twins were at school now, maybe it was time for her to get to know them. Maybe.

Kayla shook herself from her reverie and let out a laugh. "I doubt it. He doesn't even like school. He only attends his classes and studies because of the threat of not being able to see Zahra." She began moving away from the donation sign. "But then again, he could surprise us. He's been known to do that." It was hard to keep up with their older son.

"Has spoken to you about what he would like to do after school has finished?"